Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed Hose Cover - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed Hose Cover (/Thread-ResMed-Hose-Cover)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed Hose Cover - ppca - 03-14-2017

I just purchased a long (7 ft) ResMed zippered hose cover. My main hose is a heated climate line, so I didn't really need it for it, but I wanted to cover that short AirFit P10 hose, strictly for comfort.

Unfortunately, it is not going to work the way I hoped. The junction between the main climate line hose and P10 hose is too wide to fit the cover (can't zip it up). So, I used some scotch tape to close the end of the cover. Not really happy with it. I am thinking of possibly cutting a hole in the cover, to try to fit that junction, hopefully allowing me to pull the zipper all the way through. Oh well, live and learn.

RE: ResMed Hose Cover - Sleeprider - 03-14-2017

The inexpensive Snugglehose is large enough to fit over the fittings, and the ends have Velcro closures. I use mine over the small hose, and leave the last 1-foot by the machine uncovered

RE: ResMed Hose Cover - ppca - 03-14-2017

(03-14-2017, 01:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The inexpensive Snugglehose is large enough to fit over the fittings, and the ends have Velcro closures.  I use mine over the small hose, and leave the last 1-foot by the machine uncovered

This wasn't really that expensive ($16 CAD, roughly $12 US), surprisingly cheaper than the short hose covers, which would have been my first choice. I really wanted the zippered version, for ease of putting it on.

I guess I'll just have to modify it a bit, and hopefully it'll be fine.

RE: ResMed Hose Cover - Hydrangea - 03-15-2017

Sometimes modifying is the best way to do it; and it sounds like you've got a good solution.

I just recently bought the Padacheek zippered hose cover, and I'm happy with it. It's a bit heavy... I'm not sure if all covers are. But it is cushy, and I LOVE the zipper feature.

RE: ResMed Hose Cover - Marillion - 03-15-2017

I too ordered the Padacheek hose cover and cheek strap covers for the Airfit P10. I can't wait till I get them! Hopefully I can pull it down to be closer to the mask and leave the part closer to the machine uncovered.

RE: ResMed Hose Cover - Hydrangea - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 06:01 PM)Marillion Wrote: I too ordered the Padacheek hose cover and cheek strap covers for the Airfit P10.  I can't wait till I get them!  Hopefully I can pull it down to be closer to the mask and leave the part closer to the machine uncovered.

I ordered the 6' one, and it's longer than my hose. So I'm sure it'll work great for what you're wanting.

RE: ResMed Hose Cover - Marillion - 03-15-2017

(03-15-2017, 06:16 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 06:01 PM)Marillion Wrote: I too ordered the Padacheek hose cover and cheek strap covers for the Airfit P10.  I can't wait till I get them!  Hopefully I can pull it down to be closer to the mask and leave the part closer to the machine uncovered.

I ordered the 6' one, and it's longer than my hose. So I'm sure it'll work great for what you're wanting.

Thanks!!

RE: ResMed Hose Cover - ppca - 03-16-2017

(03-15-2017, 05:54 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Sometimes modifying is the best way to do it; and it sounds like you've got a good solution.

I just recently bought the Padacheek zippered hose cover, and I'm happy with it.  It's a bit heavy... I'm not sure if all covers are. But it is cushy, and I LOVE the zipper feature.

That Pad a Cheek cover looks very comfortable and wide enough to accommodate any hose with all the fittings, but I wasn't too excited about the price.

I did make a cut, actually a small hole, in my new ResMed cover, just big enough to fit the junction between the main heated hose and the P10 hose. So now I can pull the zipper all the way. Ruined the looks of the hose cover a bit, but at least now it serves its full purpose.

Just like you said, the cover definitely adds some weight and a little bit of extra pull on the P10 mask, but the mask stays in place, at least for now (my headgear bands are still strong enough).

RE: ResMed Hose Cover - Hydrangea - 03-17-2017

Good to know. And I'm glad it's working for you. 

Yes - the Padacheek hose cover is much wider than the hose needs, so it has extra fabric/weight.

RE: ResMed Hose Cover - Mosquitobait - 03-17-2017

Just a reminder, if you are using a heated hose on automatic, the sensor is on the end closest to your mask. If you have a hose cover over that (or your blanket), it will get wrong signals potentially resulting in rainout.  I use a Slimline hose in the summertime, so will have to get that hose to cozy right up to the mask then!