Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleepyhead report inconsistencies - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleepyhead report inconsistencies (/Thread-Sleepyhead-report-inconsistencies)

Pages: 1 2

Sleepyhead report inconsistencies - art25 - 03-16-2017

Hi, the data I see in Sleepyhead do not seem to be accurate, or at least there are various inconsistencies between different graphs/tables in Sleepyhead. And the values in Sleepyhead do not seem to match what the machine shows in the morning on the summary screen. Here are a couple of issues:

* I am comparing data in the Statistics tab to data in the Overview tab, and they do not agree. If I look at the CA and OA values in the AHI graph, the values match for almost every single day for 14 months. This observation is for summary data dates before 30 days ago. Now, if I look at the Statistics tab, and look at the long-term (6 months or a year) summary values for the various types of events, the CA and OA events do not match (OA - 0.14, CA - 0.38). I really doubt that my OA and CA values should be the same for hundreds of days, as the Overview tab shows.

* Also, if I look at the last 30 days of the AHI graph in the Overview tab, those do not agree with the previous days in the Overview tab. All of the data within 30 days shows NO OA events (0.0), and all CA events (with values that range 0.0 to 4.4). For the pre-30-days data, there are OA events every day.

**** Bottom line is that my summary data (older than 30 days) simply don't "look right" to me. But neither do the data for the current 30 days - they say 0 OAs for all 30 days. But I was diagnosed with OSA - could that number really be 0, especially when the summary data (> 30 days) say there are OA events every day?

BTW, this is for Sleepyhead on a mac, version 1.0.0-beta-2, with a Resmed S9 VPAP Auto.

Thx

RE: Sleepyhead report inconsistencies - TBMx - 03-16-2017

could you please post some screenshots of what exactly you think does not add up?

RE: Sleepyhead report inconsistencies - Melman - 03-16-2017

How long have you been collecting data? I see that you joined the forum this month. I believe if you have been collecting data for less than 30 days, the summary data for 30 days and longer will be meaningless. I noted the same thing when I first started but now that I have been collecting data for more than 30 days the 30 day data look fine.

RE: Sleepyhead report inconsistencies - Sleeprider - 03-16-2017

It never hurts to go the the menu, select Data and Rebuild Data. It has been known to solve more than one mystery.

RE: Sleepyhead report inconsistencies - art25 - 03-16-2017

Hi - I created an image, but I can't seem to attach it. When I can, I will post it.

Hi - thanks. I have 460 days of data, roughly. I imported all of it into to Sleepyhead.

[attachment=3290]
(03-16-2017, 11:49 AM)TBMx Wrote: could you please post some screenshots of what exactly you think does not add up?

Hi, ok, I believe my original image was too big to post.

Here is a screen grab that shows that OA and CA have the same value each day for data older than ~one month. I show only the last two months of data (roughly), to make the image easier to see, but if I showed you the rest of the data (the previous ~400 days) they would show a pattern similar to the data from January 15 to February 10. With a very few exceptions, for the first 430 days OA = CA.

You can see that starting Feb 11, the data look very different. OA = 0.0, and CA is bigger than before. I did not change anything having to do with sleep on Feb 11. The only thing that changes is that there is no detailed data starting Feb 10 and going back the other 430 days (if I understand correctly that my machine discards detailed data after 30 days).

RE: Sleepyhead report inconsistencies - TBMx - 03-16-2017

I would first go with Sleeprider's advice! --> data --> rebuild CPAP data^^

If this doesn't help: could you please post a complete Screenshot (F12) of the daliy view from one day in january and one from february (where the numbers no longer seem to add up) and one from the statistics that you mentioned which seem to differ?

just from that pic there is nothing wrong with SH^^ - although it is really ODD!

Art, we're going to need more. Now that you have 4 posts you will be able to post images hosted on Imgur, but more importantly, I want to see the Daily Details. Use the links in my signature to see how to organize the charts for posting, and how to use Imgur.

Your recent results show an increase in CA events. The only way we can troubleshoot that, is to see the pattern of events, pressures and some other information, including machine settings. I would also take a look at some statistics in the left column of the details. Has the average or 95% pressure changed over the period of that change? Your profile shows pressures of 12.22-8.22 which doesn't make a lot of sense. If you are in Vauto mode, what is your minimum EPAP, maximum IPAP and pressure support?

(03-16-2017, 08:36 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Art, we're going to need more.  Now that you have 4 posts you will be able to post images hosted on Imgur, but more importantly, I want to see the Daily Details. Use the links in my signature to see how to organize the charts for posting, and how to use Imgur.

Your recent results show an increase in CA events.  The only way we can troubleshoot that, is to see the pattern of events, pressures and some other information, including machine settings. I would also take a look at some statistics in the left column of the details.  Has the average or 95% pressure changed over the period of that change?  Your profile shows pressures of 12.22-8.22 which doesn't make a lot of sense.  If you are in Vauto mode, what is your minimum EPAP, maximum IPAP and pressure support?

Hi, and thanks! I'll have to post images later, but for now, my machine (S9 VPAP Auto, in VAuto mode) settings are Min EPAP 8.0, Max IPAP 17.0, PS 4.0. The average and various percentiles are very consistent every day. Picking a random day (Feb 21), my median EPAP is 8.18 and median IPAP is 12.18. These values are almost the same every day, before and after the increase in AHI. I do not have any detailed info (the Daily tab is empty, and most of the statistics in the left pane are missing) before Feb 11. My understanding is that my machine discards detailed data after 30 days, and the first time I loaded my data into SleepyHead was a couple of days ago.

And yes, the reason I installed SleepyHead a couple of days ago was because of the sudden increase in AHI starting about 10 days ago (even though I haven't changed any machine settings, mask, sleep times, positions or anything - not in years (other than new masks or pillows - but no mask changes recently)). I was going to try and use SH to try and figure out what is going on.

Thanks Art. My suggestion is to see if your CA events diminish with PS 3. It's a simple change, and might have a positive effect on those events without affecting the positive aspects of the therapy you have had. Give the lower PS a try, let me know if it works out.