Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
High Hypopnea - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: High Hypopnea (/Thread-High-Hypopnea)

Pages: 1 2

High Hypopnea - Jihadhakim - 03-19-2017

I am using cpap machine from almost 1 month but my hypopnea sometimes is very high...higher than 10
I just want to know the reason pls

RE: High Hypopnea - Gideon - 03-19-2017

To provide good advice we really need more data than it's high.

Can you post a chart from sleepyhead

See my signature

RE: High Hypopnea - Sleeprider - 03-19-2017

If you notice your average auto pressure is higher than your minimum setting, the hypopnea are likely from the minimum pressure being too low. A good rule of thumb is to keep your minimum pressure setting about 2-cm below your 90% pressure or near the average if they are close. The Dreamstation tends to be conservative with raising pressure, and the algorithm favors returning to the minimum setting. This can often adequately treat OA, but leave you with excessive H events. The remedy is an increase in the minimum pressure setting.

RE: High Hypopnea - trish6hundred - 03-19-2017

Hi Jihadhakim,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.

RE: High Hypopnea - Beej - 03-19-2017

Up at the top of the page, there is a link to where you can get the setup manual for your machine. This lets you see the adjustments that are possible with your machine.

RE: High Hypopnea - Jihadhakim - 03-19-2017

My auto pressure setting is 6 ---- 16.
Should i raise it to 10 ---- 16 ? 
Thx for ur reply..

RE: High Hypopnea - OpalRose - 03-20-2017

(03-19-2017, 10:59 PM)Jihadhakim Wrote: My auto pressure setting is 6 ---- 16.
Thx for ur reply..

What is your 90% pressure?
A good rule of thumb is to set minimum at 2cm below and 2cm above the 90% pressure.

Of course, we would like to see your data before further advising.

RE: High Hypopnea - Sleeprider - 03-20-2017

(03-19-2017, 08:54 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you notice your average auto pressure is higher than your minimum setting, the hypopnea are likely from the minimum pressure being too low.  A good rule of thumb is to keep your minimum pressure setting about 2-cm below your 90% pressure or near the average if they are close.  The Dreamstation tends to be conservative with raising pressure, and the algorithm favors returning to the minimum setting.  This can often adequately treat OA, but leave you with excessive H events.  The remedy is an increase in the minimum pressure setting.

(03-19-2017, 10:59 PM)Jihadhakim Wrote: My auto pressure setting is 6 ---- 16.
Thx for ur reply..

do you just not read responses to your question?

RE: High Hypopnea - Jihadhakim - 03-22-2017

Thanks

RE: High Hypopnea - Jihadhakim - 03-22-2017

Thanks a lot..u look so professionel
I want to ask u pls if there is a mobile application for my dreamstation to watch my sleep events.i have android samsung note 5.