Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SD Card - error upon inserting into laptop... - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: SD Card - error upon inserting into laptop... (/Thread-SD-Card-error-upon-inserting-into-laptop)

SD Card - error upon inserting into laptop... - RandyR - 03-20-2017

I "foobarred" and inserted the SD Card from my ResMed Aircurve 10 into my Windows 10 Laptop without locking the write protect, and subsequently "popped" it out without "ejecting" it.  Now when I insert the card (write protected), my laptop tells me, "There's a problem with this drive.  Scan the drive now and fix it."

I have no desire to screw up the original SD card with the ResMed label by having Windows 10 "fix it".

I copied all of the files off the SD card into a folder on my HD, and Sleepyhead was able to import the data from that folder, so I assume my data is still intact.

I formatted an older 8GB SD card, copied the files from the folder on the HD to this SD card and inserted the SD into my ResMed, and the ResMed seems to read it ok.

Questions:
Can I reformat my original SD Card (the one with ResMed label on it) and copy the files and be done?
Does the ResMed write hidden files that Windows 10 cannot see?

My goal is to have the original SD card hold all of the data from day one.

Thanks,
Randy...

RE: SD Card - error upon inserting into laptop... - Sleeprider - 03-20-2017

First, there is nothing wrong with the card. Ignore the windows warning, it is just looking for index files. The SD card can always be copied, to a backup directory and the card reformatted to FAT 32. The card contains 2 folders and 3 files. You can select all and drag it to a backup folder, format the card, then drag it all back again. Datalog folder has all the efficacy data with one folder for each day of use, Settings has the settings files, mostly from the last date the card was inserted into the machine, and then there are two identification files and STR.

FWIW I have never locked my card nor ejected it. I'm sure you'll be fine.

RE: SD Card - error upon inserting into laptop... - TBMx - 03-20-2017

this is "just" a flag on the filesystem stating that the drive was removed before (proper) unmounting it and therefore (depending on the cache-settings) may hold a not so valid file-structure^^ (if you could see the diagnostic logs from your resmed it would properly yield the same warning^^)

as you already have the working backups (it's always a wise idea to let windows show all files including hiddden and systemfiles in this cases) just let windows run his scan and flag the drive (once again) as "everything working fine" - if unrepairable errors popup during that process replacing the card would be a very wise idea^^

RE: SD Card - error upon inserting into laptop... - RandyR - 03-20-2017

Thanks guys!!!