Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Data Download - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Data Download (/Thread-Data-Download)

Pages: 1 2 3

Data Download - GPLarge - 03-25-2017

How often do you download the data from your machine? Just a curiosity. I have not settled in on a pattern yet.

RE: Data Download - DeepBreathing - 03-25-2017

As you get more familiar with your machine and get the settings dialled in you'll find you download less frequently. I voted for weekly but in truth it's more like once every two weeks or so. I do check the screen in the machine every morning.

RE: Data Download - SleeplessinPgh - 03-25-2017

As a relative newbie (since Feb 2016) I still download daily, because I'm still fine tuning my settings. Once my best range is found (and I think I'm there) I will not feel the need to check as frequently. I would have gotten there sooner, but my first sleep doctor prescribed a continuous setting of 6. In December, my new sleep doctor prescribed a range of 5-15. With the help of the fine folks here, I've been able to bring it into a range that lets me sleep all night and wake up feeling good.

RE: Data Download - Fedman - 03-25-2017

I would bet that this issue would be like most other things in life.  At first, you're excited about seeing the data and trying to improve on the results.  Once you get the numbers down to where you want them, you will find yourself downloading less frequently.  Of course,there will always be exceptions to this rule.  I still check the machine everyday when I wake up but only pull my SD card out once a week.  But then, I've been fortunate in that my daily numbers are very low these days so I don't feel the need to examine the data daily.  In the beginning, I was a fanatic downloading daily.

RE: Data Download - Timur - 03-25-2017

I  download my data everyday into Sleepyhead. I also like to use the notes section in SH to keep track of exercise, BP, heart rate, weight, what I ate the day before etc. It's like keeping a diary in a way. I like it!

RE: Data Download - justMongo - 03-25-2017

I'm with DeepBreathing on downloading.

RE: Data Download - OpalRose - 03-25-2017

Weekly, but sometimes go as long as two weeks.

RE: Data Download - TASmart - 03-25-2017

As a newbie, I download daily. I am sure that as I get the therapy dialed in I will cut back to weekly or there-abouts.

RE: Data Download - chill - 03-25-2017

I am with DeepBreathing too. At first, it was every day, first thing in the morning. Now it is every so often.

RE: Data Download - bwexler - 03-25-2017

I am with DeepBreathing too. At first, it was every day, first thing in the morning.

Now if I notice it has been several months I make a point of downloading, just to have a backup copy of the data in case the machine fries and takes the SD card with it.