Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed S9 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed S9 (/Thread-Resmed-S9--17125)

Resmed S9 - Finally Made It - 03-26-2017

Hi there

Hoping someone is able to assist.
I have been using a Resmed S9 for the past two years. In the past few days, when I turn it on, all is well until I put on the mask at which time the machine 'restarts' itself but doesn't start blowing air. I have tried removing the sd card, unplugging the unit, starting the unit again but still no luck. The machine stays on until I put the mask on then...restart again. I would appreciate any help anyone could provide.  Many thanks!

RE: Resmed S9 - DeepBreathing - 03-26-2017

Welcome to Apnea Board. I've not heard of this before, but it may be something to do with the "SmartStart" feature which is supposed to turn the machine on when it detects the mask-on action, and turn it off when you remove the mask. Check to see if SmartStart is enabled and if so, then turn it off.

Quote: ...when I turn it on, all is well until I put on the mask at which time the machine 'restarts' itself but doesn't start blowing air.

What happens if you get the mask on and settled before you switch the machine on?

RE: Resmed S9 - Finally Made It - 03-27-2017

The blue light turns red at which time the machine shuts itself off for a restart again.

RE: Resmed S9 - Sleepster - 03-27-2017

It could be the power brick. The unit may be shutting down because the power supply can't maintain the 24 volts required under load.

Thank you for your replies. The unit has worked fine for a couple of years. I know this sounds strange but the entire unit doesn't shut down just the screen on the left which has the program data showing 'restarts'. The area which houses the water chamber light stays on. Last night I tried testing a few options. The 'mask' symbol is showing the red 'sad face'. :-(
I have tried adjusting the mask fittings, removing the hose, tried a new hose, tried fitting the mask first then turning the unit on...same result...restart.

RE: Resmed S9 - trish6hundred - 03-27-2017

Hi Finally Made It,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you have good success in getting your machine to work for you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck to you with getting your CPAP therapy back on track.

RE: Resmed S9 - aconcepts - 03-27-2017

I'm using an S9 too.

After two years either I'm sleeping with my mouth open or the machine is acting up. I've had to wake up and rip the nasal mask off because it was blowing like a hurricane! Using the backup machine now. When I get back to the states I'll buy a new mask and start to investigate differnt options.

Looks like me and the OP need our S9s looked at. Does anyone know where we can get the S9 checked out?

Thank you trish6hundred. I hope so!