Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise (/Thread-Aircurve-V10-Auto-making-clicking-noise)

Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - silversnore - 03-27-2017

I have been using my new Aircurve V10 about a week.  When the machine switches from inhale pressure to exhale I am hearing a click. It is possibly a valve or solenoid operating to make the pressure change.  I have only noticed the click within the last few nights.  To those of you who have the same machine, is it normal to have this clicking sound?  While not terribly intrusive it does bother me some.  Thanks

RE: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - pholynyk - 03-27-2017

It may be that the humidifier tank isn't seating properly, and the change in pressure is making the tank shift.. Try applying some pressure to the top of the tank, or pushing the tank in more tightly. My noise did go away eventually, perhaps the tank seals settled in better. Or maybe I just got used to it, and no longer notice it.

RE: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - C0mbe - 03-27-2017

I have the same machine and generally don't hear much of anything. It can be somewhat louder when the humidifier is empty or close to empty but it's not a clicking sound. More of a hollow, air movement sound.

I would suspect that if it appears to be clicking when transitioning from EPAP to IPAP you may need to exchange it for a new one.

RE: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - justMongo - 03-27-2017

Just to add -- there are no valves or solenoids in the machine. Pressure change is regulated by changing the speed of blower motor whose control is all solid state.

RE: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - trslp1 - 03-27-2017

Some masks have a flapper / valve in them that makes a clicking noise when exhaling.

RE: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - Sleeprider - 03-27-2017

Using a P10 you don't have a valve in the mask. I don't have a click in the machine. I work on cars a bit and have a mechanics stethoscope. Inexpensive to buy or many ways to make your own. I think you can put on the mask and listen for the click with something like that and narrow down where the noise is coming from.

RE: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - Fedman - 03-27-2017

Silversnore,

I had the same problem with my Philips Respironics system 1 and I even posted about it a few months ago.  Turned out it was the humidifier chamber slipping with the inhale and exhale.  The seals weren't holding it in place and as it shifted, it would click.  It drove me insane.  (Short trip.)  Since my machine was under warranty, Respironics replaced it with a Dreamstation.  No idea if that's the same thing you're experiencing with your Resmed but I don't know what else it might me.  Make a stink like I did and you may get a replacement machine.

RE: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - silversnore - 03-27-2017

Thanks to all that replied.  Nice to know that there are no mechanical valves, etc in the Aircurve.  I will check the humidifer tonight and see if that is the culprit.  It certainly makes sense that the tank could be making the noise.  I wonder how much the little box costs to make?  Wish my last name was Resmed!!

RE: Aircurve V10 Auto making clicking noise - PoolQ - 03-28-2017

Yep grab the chamber and pull up, then down, then left/right. Usually works for me. I also have the machine sitting on a wash cloth to stop the nightstand from acting as a soundboard