Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] sudden increase in AHI and leak nos - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] sudden increase in AHI and leak nos (/Thread-CPAP-sudden-increase-in-AHI-and-leak-nos)

sudden increase in AHI and leak nos - agenio2002 - 03-30-2017

Hi, 

I've been using my machine for two years now, and recently got into tinkering with data in sleepyhead.  I just noticed a sudden increase in my AHI nos and in the leak rates being reported.  It wasn't so in the previous months, except that it started this Jan.  I thought it was time to change my mask, but after getting a new one, i still got the same results.  I sent this data to my doctor and she said everything was still ok. 

am i being paranoid or is something wrong in my setup?  

would really appreciate help in understanding the data and information in the sleepyhead reports...

thanks

Dennis

RE: sudden increase in AHI and leak nos - Gideon - 03-30-2017

On or about Jan 18th, you or someone changed something on your machine.
Your readings are still in good "treated" territory. They could likely be tweaked.

look in statistics for "Changes to Prescription Settings"
What shows up here?

RE: sudden increase in AHI and leak nos - trish6hundred - 03-31-2017

Hi agenio2002,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more answers to your question.

RE: sudden increase in AHI and leak nos - agenio2002 - 04-01-2017

(03-30-2017, 07:37 PM)bonjour Wrote: On or about Jan 18th, you or someone changed something on your machine.  
Your readings are still in good "treated" territory. They could likely be tweaked.

look in statistics for "Changes to Prescription Settings"
What shows up here?

Thanks for the info bonjour... 

I've checked the changes to prescription settings... it just shows a single entry, which was when i started 500+ days ago... no other changes.  

Any other reason why these numbers would suddenly spike?  

Dennis

RE: sudden increase in AHI and leak nos - Gideon - 04-01-2017

To see any more would require looking at detail daily graphs before and especially after the change occurred

RE: sudden increase in AHI and leak nos - OpalRose - 04-01-2017

agenio2002,
Follow the tutorials in my signature  line.  This will show you what we need to see, how to organize the graphs and how to post here.

Use the daily page in #SleepyHead to send a screenshot.  Eliminate  the pie chart and calendar and right side bar.
Include left side bar with stats, and the following graphs:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure and
Leak rate.

Once you've uploaded here, someone will take a look and be able to advise.  It would be ideal if you could include a screenshot before and after the increase in AHI for comparison.