Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
DME treated me right. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: DME treated me right. (/Thread-DME-treated-me-right)

DME treated me right. - TASmart - 04-06-2017

After my titration study the Sleep Doc prescribed a CPAP w heated hose, compliance data, mask, humidifier and modem. I figured I would have a bit of a fight on my hands to get a fully data capable machine. The DME recommended was NORCO.I got there and they had a Resmed Airsense 10Auto all ready for me. I did have to add my own data card as they determined wrongly I did not need the one that was supposed to be included. The mask was the same as I did the titration in, a Eson 2. I have briefly tried an Airsense P10 but it felt very restrictive. After two weeks I have done my own tweaking based on what I have learned here, and got my AHI to .7 to 1 nightly.  I have some small issue with minor leakage so I thought I would try out the 30 day change if I did not like the mask provided. Today I went and got a Airsense  P10 - and they let me keep the other mask! After all they horror stories I read about DMEs they are doing a pretty good job for me.

RE: DME treated me right. - Sleeprider - 04-06-2017

Sounds great. With the P10, a larger pillow size than you think you need, is usually more comfortable. Very impressive self-optimization in a very short period of time. Well done!

RE: DME treated me right. - Ockrocket - 04-06-2017

My CPAP clinic/supplier here in Australia really looks after my needs well... good to hear another positive story on a supplier. 

A pity more of them don't realise they can benefit and profit more from treating customers well, rather than just ripping them off over the short term for quick profit.

RE: DME treated me right. - trish6hundred - 04-06-2017

Hi TASmart,
That’s good to hear, you are very fortunate to have a DME that treats you well and that you got an AirScense10 Autoset righyt off the bat.
GOOD JOB.!

RE: DME treated me right. - TASmart - 04-06-2017

(04-06-2017, 10:02 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi TASmart,
That’s good to hear, you are very fortunate to have a DME that treats you well and that you got an AirScense10 Autoset righyt off the bat.
GOOD JOB.!

well I did have to go to their store to get it, but if a bat would have delivered it I'd a taken it.

But yes, personally I'd like to see more reports of when DME do things right, because when all you see is the negative reports then its both disheartening and frightening. Sleep-well

RE: DME treated me right. - SideSleeper - 04-06-2017

My DME is part of a family-owned company with 3 offices in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. All the DMEs (3 or 4 I think) are Respiratory Therapists. The one I see is great--I'm the only patient they have that takes charge of their own therapy. He didn't object too much when he found I change my settings--actually my sleep doc OK'd it but I make the changes myself. He likes me to come in because he can actually have a conversation with me and I usually know what I am talking about--or ask him questions others don't even care about. I'm on Medicare but he has given me several nice freebies--a hose, a Dreamware mask frame, and a couple of chin strips. It makes me mad to read of the terrible treatment people report getting from their DME suppliers. I'm so fortunate.....