Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset (/Thread-ResMed-Airsense-10-Autoset--17294)

ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset - thisazlife - 04-09-2017

I just upgraded to the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset and am receiving a daily score with minimal data from myAir website.  I'm concerned that I read remarks about "data sent to provider", is data being uploaded to someone other than ResMed?  Does ResMed give my data to anyone that you know of?  TIA!

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset - Sleeprider - 04-09-2017

Some providers register an account with your machine number in order to track compliance, leaks, AHI and settings. They do not receive detailed data. This data is normally only collected if there is a compliance requirement contingency on insurance, and ends at the end of the compliance period. You can ask your DME what data they collect and how they use it.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset - trish6hundred - 04-10-2017

Hi thisazlife,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and I hope you like your new machine.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset - thisazlife - 04-11-2017

Thank you!  I've been "using" since 2011 but just got a new machine and discovered this board.  Smile

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset - thisazlife - 04-11-2017

I'll come clean and admit that I do not have a DME.  I have to pay cash for my equipment and purchased my new ResMed in new condition from a private party.  It had not been registered with ResMed from what I can tell and when I entered the serial number to the myAir website it didn't say it was already registered.  Everything looks brand new so believe that it is new - even smells new.  I paid $300 for a machine that would have cost me $800+ retail.  Since the beginning of my original study to present I've been on "autoset" pressures. (4-20)although i might ask questions as I build information to read on sleepyhead.   My concern or lack of understanding is comments I've read that the ResMed Airsense10 autoset is sending data to provider.  I don't know how I'd even begin to know who that might be if this is correct.  Thanks for you response!!

-- Steve

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset - Melman - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 02:42 PM)thisazlife Wrote: I'll come clean and admit that I do not have a DME. 

There is nothing shameful about not using a DME Smile  Although I use one I intend to cut the cord. Many on this forum do not.  If you want to know how new your machine is select "my options" scroll down to about, and then scroll down to run hours. It will tell you the total hours on the machine. You can tell the date it was manufactured from the serial number. The first two digits tell where it was made , the next two tell the year, and the third two tell the week.

RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset - sonicboom - 04-12-2017

I am one of those who ditched the DME fairly quickly. People here know more and there is more info here from people actually using the stuff. Supplies are cheaper on-line as well.