Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of It?? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of It?? (/Thread-Resmed-MyAir-HAS-To-Be-Full-Of-It)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of It?? - harmon k - 04-10-2017

It's ridiculous. On nights when I can definitely feel major leaks (sometimes so much that I remove the mask for the rest of the night out of frustration)......."MyAir", the next day,  reports that I had a great mask seal all night with hardly any leaks.
And often after a night of feeling NO leaks, it reports that I had a lot of leaks and a bad mask seal . Can Resmed/MyAir be that incompetent and blatantly wrong?

RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of S***?? - Sleeprider - 04-10-2017

Maybe time to get one of the Geek squad to install Sleepyhead for you? A friend, child or associate familiar enough with a computer to help you out would be a great thing.

RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of S***?? - Leemax - 04-10-2017

Yeah, that MyAir is a joke. I guess it's for people who have no real desire to be a part of their therapy, or for those who aren't aware of what'e out there for them and just want to rely on the docs. We on this forum are pretty much a self-selected group who are not satisfied with just following "doctor's orders. I know if I wouldn't have looked for and found a forum, and found out about Sleepyhead and such, I would be really frustrated with my treatment! I started almost two months ago and won't see the doc until the 20th of this month. There are lots of adjustments that need to be made in the first few weeks, as you all know.

Onward and upward!

RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of S***?? - edfreeman - 04-11-2017

I've wondered what their leak number is. I thought it might be median, since when it is 0, my leakage was 0 most of the night, save a few adventures/spikes. But I just checked for a night that it said 10, and while the leakage was definitely worse, it was still laying on 0 most of the night. So, it isn't median, surely isn't average, has to be some weird secret math to calculate that number, and Resmed won't tell you on their website. All it says is how you get your score from that number.

RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of S***?? - sonicboom - 04-11-2017

I think I read somewhere awhile ago that it reports the 70% leak rate.

RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of S***?? - Melman - 04-11-2017

Here is the scoring system they show on their web site.

L/min    Points
0 - 10     20
11           19
12           18
13           17
14           16
15           15
16           14
17           13
18           12
19           11
20           10
21           9
22           8
23           7
24           6
25           5
26           4
27           3
28           2
29           1
30 or more          0

RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of S***?? - PaytonA - 04-11-2017

But what L/min?  Mean, median, 70%, 90%, 95%, Max?

RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of S***?? - Melman - 04-11-2017

(04-11-2017, 08:45 PM)PaytonA Wrote: But what L/min?  Mean, median, 70%, 90%, 95%, Max?

That they don't say. I was going to try and determine but they only show the most recent 14 days and I conquered my leak rate problem a little over two weeks ago.

RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of S***?? - Beej - 04-11-2017

The MyAir report is minimalist at best.
You don't get a breakdown of types of apnea.
You get dinged for taking off the mask, even if you needed to make a pit stop. And some folks need to make a couple over the night, which are legitimate reasons to remove the mask and turn off the machine.

And you can't download the data plus you only see the past 2 weeks.

ResScan is much better.
And SleepyHead is much, much better.

RE: Resmed/MyAir HAS To Be Full Of S***?? - sonicboom - 04-12-2017

(04-11-2017, 08:45 PM)PaytonA Wrote: But what L/min?  Mean, median, 70%, 90%, 95%, Max?

I believe it is the 70% rate from other readings I've done.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I read that.