Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Observation on P10 mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Observation on P10 mask (/Thread-Observation-on-P10-mask)

Observation on P10 mask - DanPrado - 04-13-2017

Been using a P10 mask for most of my 1.5 years of therapy so far, and although at times it frustrates me so I go for another type I keep on coming back to it.

Happened to be going through a frustrating period with it again so read the 2 current threads on pillow replacement and strap position.  

I've been replacing the entire mask every 6 months never thought to replace pillows more often, but they look great so not sure they are an issue.   On the strap I've been using it taking advantage of the split in the back so that would not be my problem either.

But I think I found my problem last night: the strap itself has stretched significantly, this one is around 5 months old.  On the picture the one on the left is brand new and the one on the right the older one I was using.

Slept with the new strap last night and it was great, none of my issues from the last few weeks.

So, not sure if this stretching is typical and will note that I use the SoClean system which could account for strap deterioration.  Still figured it could be useful informatin to share.

P.s.: Sorry could not figure out how to insert a picture so attaching it instead. Actually looks like I can't attach either.

RE: Observation on P10 mask - OpalRose - 04-13-2017

The straps do tend to stretch out. I wash my entire mask once a month, pull the strap off and wash separately in "hot" water, blot, don't wring, and hang to dry. This usually shrinks the strap back to original shape.

RE: Observation on P10 mask - Hydrangea - 04-13-2017

I recently ordered a P10 from Amazon. It came with strap clips, which I assume are for cinching the strap once it eventually stretches out.

RE: Observation on P10 mask - trish6hundred - 04-14-2017

Hi DanPrado,
The P10 headgear is elastic and ozone is very rough on rubber, which might explain why you are having trouble with your older headgear.

RE: Observation on P10 mask - RogerAN - 04-14-2017

(04-13-2017, 01:11 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I recently ordered a P10 from Amazon. It came with strap clips, which I assume are for cinching the strap once it eventually stretches out.

Hello,

I used the P10 for more than two years and stretching was definitely a problem. The strap clips did not help for me. I found that they would work their way off the straps during sleep, so my wife sewed them in place. Still, just a temporary fix. I have shifted to the F20 FFM. Not sure yet whether that will be a good long term solution either. I've used chin straps, foam cervical collars, tape, etc., but I pretty much struggle with too much twisting and turning in my sleep and persistent mouth breathing.

RE: Observation on P10 mask - Melman - 04-14-2017

I use the F20 first with a soft cervical collar and now with a chin strap instead and I have had no major leaks and almost none at all in the last three weeks. The chin strap or collar were to stop my mouth from dropping open. I change positions in my sleep but the F20 stays in place almost like it's glued on. No guarantee it will work for you but it's the best I've used. I quit using the cervical collar not because it was uncomfortable but because I saw a significant increase in RERAs which decreased when I switched to the chin strap. Again, that may just be me.