Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP (/Thread-2-days-in-with-AirCurve-10-AVAP)

Pages: 1 2 3

2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP - Maniac007 - 04-16-2017

I am now two days in with a new AirCurve 10 AVAP.  I know it takes a little while to settle into a new machine but i have gone from 1.5-7 ahi on the AirSense 10 Autoset to 18+ahi with the AirCurve 10 AVAP.  Any recommendations on settings?  I have lung cancer (right lung) and COPD.

[Image: LJ3swZbl.png]
[Image: WKf3SB6l.png]

RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP - justMongo - 04-16-2017

You're in a special subset of PAP users.  Your medical conditions suggest you talk this over with your doctor.

RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP - PaulaO2 - 04-16-2017

Your leak graph shows you are opening your mouth a lot. But that doesn't explain the CA. Yeah, Mongo is right. Talk to your doc and see what adjustments can be made.

RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP - Maniac007 - 04-16-2017

Thanks JustMongo,  I'm not sure where the doc came up with the ps of 6.  I'll use it again tonight and call my dme and see if he has looked at my AirVeiw report.  I'll ask him about 6ps and see if he can lower it, which I might lower to 5 maybe 4 for tonight.  He knows I'll change my settings but this way he wiLLC be in the loop.

Paula02, thanks.  plan on talking to my dme guy tomorrow about the leaks.  He's a great guy who will listen to his patients for input.  He's had my back a couple of times.  Could the ps6 be too much as JustMongo suggested.  Noticed he deleted some of his post but that's ok. The mouth breathing just started with machine.

RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP - ajack - 04-16-2017

until it's sorted, would a FFM be better for now? it takes out one variable.

First, thanks for the replys. 2nd..think I listed my machine wrong, it is an AirCurve 10 VAUTO. Sorry about this. I lowered the ps to 5 and found my AirFit F10 for tonight. I do remember that this didn't seal to good on the sides of the bridge of my nose.

RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP - ajack - 04-16-2017

(04-16-2017, 04:37 PM)Maniac007 Wrote: Thanks JustMongo,  I'm not sure where the doc came up with the ps of 6.  I'll use it again tonight and call my dme and see if he has looked at my AirVeiw report.  I'll ask him about 6ps and see if he can lower it, which I might lower to 5 maybe 4 for tonight.  He knows I'll change my settings but this way he wiLLC be in the loop.

The doc may have come up with 6 because, as on the similar s9, that's the default on COPD?
page 24
https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/products/titration/s9-vpap-tx/user-guide/1013904r3_s9-vpap-tx-sleep-lab-titration_user-guide_glo_eng.pdf

I know nothing and just suggesting what to ask. your left hand stats on sleepyhead mostly looks normal, BPM and volume, just except for the I:E ratio of about 1:3. It may be a good thing. I don't know the significance but I would tell the DME

RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP - justMongo - 04-16-2017

Leak graph has characteristics of nasal mask/pillows plus open mouth. A FFM may control the leaks.

I wouldn't mess with PS yet. Likely it is causing the CAs; but, you are only 2 days on that machine and settings.
With COPD, getting breath out is more difficult. Likely why you were put on Bilevel with a wide split (PS).
Your CAs could settle down given a little time.

The lung cancer is a big unknown. Where one might tweak settings without consequences for a person with just plain OSA, someone with two co-morbid conditions could be inviting a problem like pneumothorax if they get settings wrong.

RE: 2 days in with AirCurve 10 AVAP - Sleeprider - 04-16-2017

Disagree. Cut the pressure support to 4.0.