Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card (/Thread-Working-through-SleepyHead-beginner-guide-need-clarification-on-SD-card)

Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card - Nicholas - 04-28-2017

When I received my machine, it didn't have an SD card with it, and so I spent my first 6 nights without the card. I contacted my provider, and they said I could come pick one up, which I did today.

Did the machine store those first 6 nights' worth of data such that I can insert the SD card and obtain it, or is that data lost?

Next question. I just read the Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead, the section that says: "Importing Data into SleepyHead the FIRST time."

Do the instructions in this section assume my SD card has been in my CPAP machine this whole time? To state the obvious, it doesn't make sense to insert the card into my computer's reader because there's no data on it yet.

So I need to get some data onto the card. I take it all I have to do is insert the card into the CPAP machine, and then when I sleep, the it will automatically record the data onto the card? Do I need to go into the CPAP settings and tell it to record?

Thanks...

RE: Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card - Melman - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 06:22 PM)Nicholas Wrote: I take it all I have to do is insert the card into the CPAP machine, and then when I sleep, the it will automatically record the data onto the card? Do I need to go into the CPAP settings and tell it to record?

Thanks...

Just insert the card in your machine. The machine will prepare it and record data as it runs.  You will only see minimal summary data for the nights for which there was no card in the machine.

RE: Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card - Nicholas - 04-28-2017

Thank you.

RE: Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card - Matzaball2016 - 04-28-2017

I would say buy the wireless one...I forget sometimes and leave it in laptop...

Sleep-well Sleep-well

RE: Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card - Nicholas - 04-28-2017

My machine has wireless capability in addition to the SD card.

RE: Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card - Crimson Nape - 04-28-2017

Nicholas,
The wireless capability is more for DME's and doctors to use.  It will only provide some VERY rudimentary data to MyAir. The SD card or wireless SD card is your best bet for useful sleep data.

RE: Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card - Nicholas - 04-29-2017

Yeah, from the first time I ever logged on to MyAir, I could tell right away it was gimmicky and useless.