Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines (/Thread-SoClean-other-CPAP-cleaning-machines)

RE: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - Homerec130 - 02-18-2017

My mask gets washed every Monday morning with Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I usually do it at the same time I take my shower and then let the mask dry out on its own. Don't wash the straps too much. I do the hose when I get around to it (takes too long to get the fabric cover back on it). The fabric cover stops my youngest cat from trying to eat the hose.

I use the JBS one day a week to help clean some of the other shampoo out of my hair. 

BTW my insurance pays for a new mask, headgear, and hose every 90 days and a new tank every 180 days. 

Homer

RE: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - Newbee2016 - 02-19-2017

(02-17-2017, 09:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Newbee, look at Supplier #1 for your mask and parts to see what they cost.  Amazon sells replacement wisp nasal cushions for $20   The Swift FX is the prior generation to the Airfit P10 that sells for $65 on Amazon. The Swift FX is available from Supplier #1 for $67 as an assembly kit or $98 in a retail package.  If your supplier is getting $250 and claiming you can't get parts, you need a new supplier.

If you are insured, get a list of in-network providers from your insurance company. If you are self-financing, get a better deal.

Thanks Sleeprider. Exactly on the supplier and I've already given up on them. I'm self-financed and constantly searching for the better deal. I currently hold one new standby set in inventory and it's waiting patiently to be opened for use  Smile. I'm trying to see just how long all these consumables can last and be ready to strike when a good deal pops up! 

If a cushion can actually last say 3 months or 8 months instead of 3 weeks as DME's try to move stock, that's a lot of disposables that can be avoided. I don't know if all these silicon can be recycled. All said, ultimately, treatment should not be compromised.

RE: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - PaytonA - 02-19-2017

Silicone??

RE: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - pholynyk - 02-19-2017

One of my pet peeves... the differences between silicone and silicon... soft and hard, insulator and semiconductor, ...

RE: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - PaytonA - 02-19-2017

You can add silica and make it a triumvirate. Silicone, silicon, silica.

RE: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - Sleepster - 02-19-2017

(02-17-2017, 09:41 PM)Melman Wrote: In my opinion the SoClean system is a waste of money. Dawn is a lot cheaper.

The SoClean is a waste of money and can be dangerous if used in place of washing because bacteria removal requires washing.

I recently started using Dawn orange scent. It has no moisturizing agents and is marketed as both an antibacterial hand soap and a dishwashing liquid.

The active ingredient is Chloroxylenol 0.30%. I use it to wash my mask cushion daily. Weekly or so I use it with a scrub brush on my water tank, and with a hose brush on my tubing. I like the orange scent it leaves behind in the tubing.

RE: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - C0mbe - 02-19-2017

I just don't see the point. Takes 10 minutes every morning to properly clean my equipment, and 30 mins once a week.

RE: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - trish6hundred - 02-19-2017

My concern is with the elastic in the headgear. Ozone is murder on rubber; so, I would think the SoClean2 would destroy the headgear because of that.

SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - archangle - 02-19-2017

(02-17-2017, 02:17 PM)smegtrek Wrote: - On the flip side the EPA study people quote to debunk this machine is for Air Cleaners and the problem with that is Air Cleaners work in a large open environment while this box works in a small confined space so ergo it should be more effective as the Ozone is more concentrated.

I think you're right.  A room air cleaner can only produce a limited level of ozone without harming people in the room.

Since it's a mostly sealed system the SoClean can produce much higher levels of ozone.  

-

If you have had infection problems, buy some Control III disinfectant and disinfect everything occasionally after cleaning.   READ THE DIRECTIONS.   It's nasty stuff straight from the bottle, but the diluted solution is reasonably benign.

I've got my doubts about infections from CPAP anyway.  It's not like other people are using your equipment, and most of the germs on your equipment come from you or come from the room air you're  breathing anyway.

RE: SoClean CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer - Newbee2016 - 02-20-2017

(02-19-2017, 02:41 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Silicone??

Oh-jeez Grin  Misspelled.