Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines (/Thread-SoClean-other-CPAP-cleaning-machines)

RE: skin irritation [SoClean to blame?] - Walla Walla - 11-20-2017

No!     Shock

RE: skin irritation [SoClean to blame?] - Apnea Infant - 11-20-2017

Friends of mine always use a disinfectant on their kitchen countertops instead of using the normal washing up liquid we clean our dishes with. This is as they prepared food on it. I queried why as we clean ourselves with our hands after use of the toilet and we do not disinfect our hands. Yet we prepare and also eat food with these same hands. We also eat food on normally washed dishes (with washing up liquid and not disinfectant).

Think we sometimes are illogical with our fear of germs in the home environment.

I use hand soap to wash my gear.

RE: skin irritation [SoClean to blame?] - hegel - 11-20-2017

"Think we sometimes are illogical with our fear of germs in the home environment."

Did you read the part of my post where I quoted my DME about warm, humid environments being a breeding ground for bacteria and germs? Ever wonder why mold grows in your shower? Warm humid environment. And then, the heated hose connected to a tank of warm water on one end and your mask on the other...? Warm, humid environment. And further, if you live in Florida or the southern states generally, or in a coastal region...yep: warm, humid environment. So, a  heated tank of water pumping humid air into a hose that then stays stationary for 16 hours in a generally warm, humid environment...I think you see my point.

I'm not sure how that's illogical.

So Clean - LabDog66 - 11-25-2017

There is the So Clean machine listed on Ebay for $42.  It is listed as new.  This is so much below the usual price I am hesitant to get it.  Does anyone have any experience with this. 

Also, the adaptor for the DreamStation, does it work with the heated hose.

<Link removed>

Thanks

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

RE: So Clean - DeepBreathing - 11-25-2017

G'day LabDog.

Sorry but you can't post links to Ebay - this is spelled out in the Rules section. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Admin-Note-Apnea-Board-Rules

In answer to your query about SoClean, this has been discussed many times in the forum, with the consensus being that the device cannot actually clean your equipment. The best it can do is a a bit of surface sanitising, but won't actually remove any dirt or other matter. SoClean uses ozone as the sterilising medium, and there is some concern that this will lead to failure of rubber / silicon / plastic components.

I suspect the great price on Craigslist is because the seller has realised what a mistake he made in buying that device. Smile

RE: So Clean - eddie willers - 11-25-2017

The consensus is certainly not 100%.

I am more than happy with my SoClean.  For those who have no trouble washing and cleaning as often as is needed, yes it would be an unnecessary expense.

For those of us who are not as conscientious and would clean their humidifier every other month and their hose once a year, it's great to have a healthier rush of air all night long. I have not had a cold since I got my SoClean last March.

RE: So Clean - HDCowboy - 11-25-2017

Well someone must  have done grabbed it, I did a search for one on Ebay and and dammed if I can find anything in that price range!

RE: So Clean - LabDog66 - 11-26-2017

First, I would like to apologize for posting the link. I have since checked and the item I saw is no longer listed.

RE: So Clean - Sleep2Snore - 11-26-2017

Just clean with soapy water.
If you get one at a bargain price fine, but is it worth the extra money?
I have never used one, so I suppose I am waiting to see if others think it is?
It is fine to say things have been discussed before, but for new members things get buried in the forum and I doubt people dig that deep. It also keep things ticking over to go to old subjects now and again, things change and so do opinions (sometimes).

RE: So Clean - dtache - 11-26-2017

Sounds too cheap; I would not purchase this without an explanation and/or a guarantee of refund.  My unit, about 3 months old was $220 (including tax).  Beware!