Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines (/Thread-SoClean-other-CPAP-cleaning-machines)

RE: electronic cleaners - Barbara.Levitan - 08-04-2020

you are real clear.  thank you

RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - Big Guy - 08-04-2020

I don't understand why people are so hesitant to hand clean their CPAP equipment. It's not that hard or time consuming. If it were, I'd be looking for an easier and faster solution. 

The hose is probably the most time consuming. Maybe 10 minutes tops? I clean it about every two-three weeks or so. I have a brush that helps make the process easier. 

My face mask and cushion gets a good wipe down with a Clorox wet wipe about every 3rd night or so. The headgear gets a good soaking / cleaning about every two-three weeks with the hose. 

The water reservoir gets emptied and wiped dry each & every morning. I use tap water and no problems. A little white vinegar every now & then to get rid of any stubborn mineral deposits.

We're not talking about a lot of time to achieve the above and get it all clean. And, it's pennies when it comes to cost. 

A whole lot cheaper than spending a couple hundred dollars on a machine to do it for you, and all the while knowing, the equipment really hasn't been cleaned in the traditional sense.

RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - SuperSleeper - 08-04-2020

It seems we constantly have multiple threads started regarding the SoClean CPAP cleaning machines (or similar machines), and these threads are starting to over-clutter the Main Forum.

In an effort to consolidate SoClean and CPAP cleaning machines discussions, it will be Apnea Board policy that new threads about SoClean and related machines will be merged into this single thread.

This thread now contains all the previous threads concerning SoClean.

This is being done in an attempt to control the sheer volume of new threads we seem to get each week regarding SoClean.  No other CPAP-related product gets as much attention as SoClean for some reason, and indeed, some of these threads appear to be spam.

So, if you would like to discuss SoClean, please do so in this thread.  If you start a new thread about SoClean, it will be merged into this thread at some point.

Thanks for your understanding, folks!

Coffee 

This information was also posted in Forum Account Help, here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Admin-Note-Policy-on-SoClean-other-CPAP-Cleaning-Device-discussion

RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - jhellwig - 08-04-2020

So I just learned about this ozone ruining machines today when my wife got her machine. The DME provide said they don’t recommend them anymore and that Resmed is denying warranty claims because of it. I have already had my S10 get extremely noisy only a couple of months after having it and the Soclean and was replaced under warranty almost a year ago. Just last week my current S10 Decided it wants to say the tube is plugged in the middle of the night, shuts off in the middle of the night, doesn’t auto shut off anymore and was extremely difficult to get to turn on. I noticed the headgear on the face mask getting brown but just assumed it was from not cleaning it often enough.

On the plus side it does seam like the musty smell in the machine isn’t happening since using the so clean and it even seamed to clear it out of my S9 when I am using it when the S10 is dead.

Guess I will see if they deny a warranty claim when I take the s10 in.

RE: electronic cleaners - Sheepish - 08-04-2020

(08-03-2020, 10:39 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'd echo jaswilliams. Dish soap like Dawn or a similar one with very warm water is all that's normally needed. Ozone cleaner use can void the machine warranty.

Dawn or similar mild dish soap with warm water are all you need.

Yup, there definitely seems to be an echo in here. Smile

RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - Big Guy - 08-04-2020

I've never experienced any kind of smell or odor coming from my machine. I don't have the most sensitive nose in the world, but I have to believe that I would notice one coming from my CPAP. 

I've learned so much from this forum. Who would have thought?  Bigwink

RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - Homerec130 - 08-05-2020

Like I may have said earlier (it is been so long) I wash my mask when I take a shower - some stuff I use for my body, works on my mask. Wash the hose and headgear when I think about it. Yes, I am bad. Tank gets wiped out daily and I use tap water. My wife's former "sleep doc" pushed the SoClean every time we went to the office. So did her staff. There were 3 or 4 of them in very prominent places. Current sleep doc (who is also trained and certified in sleep med) feels they are a waste of money. ResMed feels the same way as has already been mentioned and considers the warranty void if used. 

I have enough things I would rather spend my money on, than a product endorsed by a former Starship Captain.

RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - srlevine1 - 08-05-2020

(08-05-2020, 05:54 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: I have enough things I would rather spend my money on, than a product endorsed by a former Starship Captain.

How about if it was endorsed by Scotty, the Engineering Officer? Or Dr, McCoy, the pessimistic physician?

RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - Sheepish - 08-05-2020

(08-05-2020, 10:40 PM)srlevine1 Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 05:54 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: I have enough things I would rather spend my money on, than a product endorsed by a former Starship Captain.

How about if it was endorsed by Scotty, the Engineering Officer? Or Dr, McCoy, the pessimistic physician?

Or Ensign Redshirt?  Dielaughing

RE: SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines - SarcasticDave94 - 08-06-2020

This is just illogical.