Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Machine Of Choice from DME - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Machine Of Choice from DME (/Thread-Machine-Of-Choice-from-DME)

Pages: 1 2

Machine Of Choice from DME - rooy1960 - 05-01-2017

Happy Monday!

It's been two weeks since my in-lab sleep study, and I finally heard from a DME.  When I returned their call, they stated they had a machine set up for delivery for me. After we discussed my name, address, date of birth, etc., I asked which machine they were sending.  They said the Dr. prescribed a Dreamstation-- this is when I asked if I could please have a Resmed Airsense 10 For Her.  Their response was, "Sure, no problem." Evidently, I'm getting a setting of 12cm with a 20-minute ramp (still reading about all of the numbers and what they mean).  I've downloaded Sleepyhead, too.  I guess I'll be ready to rock and roll tomorrow night.

Had I not joined this forum and read all the good advice here, I wouldn't have known that I could ask for a specific model! Thank you!!

--Leslie

RE: Machine Of Choice from DME - Crimson Nape - 05-01-2017

Congratulations!   Well-done Congrats

When you get your unit make sure the DME included the SD card.  Several members have reported that it was left out of theirs.

RE: Machine Of Choice from DME - justMongo - 05-01-2017

The full name of the machine is: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her.
Resmed Airsense 10 defines a series of xPAPs that may include the Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP.

The "for Her" algorithm is specific to the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset -- just make sure they don't try push off a lesser machine.
Look at the machine: Lower right. It will say "Airsense 10" and just under that will be the word Autoset.
The for Her has a floral design on its outer shell.

RE: Machine Of Choice from DME - Sleeprider - 05-01-2017

Nicely done. This will be so much easier for you to live with than if you had not specified your choice. Good job!

RE: Machine Of Choice from DME - rooy1960 - 05-01-2017

Thanks for the tip.  I'll make sure the SD card is present.  Thanks

I'll check for "Autoset" and flowers on the unit.  Thanks

RE: Machine Of Choice from DME - tscurlo - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 06:09 PM)rooy1960 Wrote: I'll check for "Autoset" and flowers on the unit.  Thanks

Thanks for the pic, tscurlo!

RE: Machine Of Choice from DME - tscurlo - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 07:10 PM)rooy1960 Wrote: Thanks for the pic, tscurlo!

You're Very Welcome!!!

Good Luck with your new machine.   Smile

(05-01-2017, 07:33 PM)tscurlo Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 07:10 PM)rooy1960 Wrote: Thanks for the pic, tscurlo!

You're Very Welcome!!!

Good Luck with your new machine.   Smile

I know there will likely be some transitional problems, but I'll take in stride. I'm feeling hopeful because when they put that mask on during the sleep study, it didn't bother me-- I was reasonably comfortable AND I loved how I felt after having actually slept for a few hours.