Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New to cpap - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New to cpap (/Thread-New-to-cpap--17705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

New to cpap - aeilers - 05-11-2017

New to the board..
My name Aarron

Only on CPAP machine for about 3 weeks.
Resmed airense 10 - full mask
13-15 air

So far my ahi is below 5... anywhere from 1-4
Before CPAP machine I was getting 94.3 central AHI a hour...

I guess my questions are should I be seeing a big improvement yet?  Today as I write this I am sort of tired.. but last night my results were showing 2.9 ahi
Also on the resmed machine I do have a sd slot that I added a card into.... what is the best software for me to use? does it automatically put the data on the sd card?  I dont see any card options in settings? I do need to get a sd reader for my computer... what is the best software to use?    

Just feeling this out this so far.... I have felt a little improvement in energy but I guess not a ton...... thanks

i

RE: New to cpap - Crimson Nape - 05-11-2017

Hi aeilers! - Welcome

Download a copy of #SleepyHead.  It's free and provides a wealth of information about your treatment.  Also use the links at the bottom of this post to learn how to install it and interpret the data it will display.

Good Luck.

RE: New to cpap - TASmart - 05-11-2017

Second that you need to download and set up sleepyhead. Not sure how that machine is curbing CA's as it is not designed to do that. That said, your AHI sounds pretty good. I know in my case,  felt better from day 1 on, if only a small amount. I quickly noticed feeling less sleepy. But I was so damned groggy it took little to feel less sleepy. Then as time went by, I would notice things that were better every so often. Now, just under two months into my therapy, I really feel great. Better than I every have as an adult, and I am 60 Y/O. Yes, it's that big of a difference. 

Good luck, and let's see those sleepyheads charts soon!

RE: New to cpap - aeilers - 05-11-2017

order'd a usb reader for the sd card today... soon I will post some results

RE: New to cpap - Gideon - 05-11-2017

Your OP is a bit confusing so can you copy and post your sleep study results. Your reference to Central and a CPAP machine do not make sense. (94.3 central AHI)
And what is the text on the front of your cpap machine?

RE: New to cpap - aeilers - 05-11-2017

results from sleep study                    [attachment=3461][attachment=3461][attachment=3461]

RE: New to cpap - TASmart - 05-11-2017

Those are the summary of your titration report, no mention of Centrals at all. IS the information from your 1st sleep study available?

RE: New to cpap - Sleeprider - 05-11-2017

The more valuable part of the study would be where the events are broken down by type, sleep position, sleep stage and pressure.

RE: New to cpap - trish6hundred - 05-11-2017

Hi aeilers,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy.

RE: New to cpap - aeilers - 05-13-2017

OK I got a SD card and converter for the computer... my question is when I put the SD card in the Air Sense 10. do I have to go to a option somewhere to upload the data to the card? or does it upload it automatically?  Trying to get info from airsense 10 to the computer for sleepy head.