Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs (/Thread-ResMed-10-ASV-and-Data-programs)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - DannyG - 05-14-2017

My machine has no data card, cell modem only. How do I get the data into a program I can use?

DannyG

RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - DannyG - 05-14-2017

I never looked in the slot, it does have a card. I'll try on download a program, which is best?

RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - DeepBreathing - 05-14-2017

This is the one I use: #SleepyHead It's pretty easy to use and gives you a heap of very detailed information.

RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - Crimson Nape - 05-14-2017

DannyG,
I agree with DeepBreathing get #SleepyHead,  It provides great information.  At first, the data will look like Greek, unless you are Greek then the data, I guess, will look like English.   Big Grin

Use the links below my post to learn more about #SleepyHead.

Good Luck!

RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - trish6hundred - 05-14-2017

Hi DannyG,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy.

RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - DannyG - 05-14-2017

Sleepyhead indicates I need a different mask. Who locally would have them in stock?

RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - Sleeprider - 05-14-2017

Danny, if you see a lot of leaks with flat-tops then that is probably mouth leaks and you will want a full face or hybrid mask. Read the mask primer (4th link in my signature), it includes a lot of good pointers and links to fit-charts. Decide what you want. Supplier #1 usually includes a mask fit guarantee and they are pretty fast. Most items can be found on Amazon or Ebay, sometimes as mask parts. Just be sure to get a headgear, mask and cushion. Others are sold complete, so watch what you're buying. There are certainly suppliers where you live, but they will be slow, charge more and require prescriptions and a lot of jumping through hoops. Online is best if you're in a hurry.

RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - jerrydaw - 05-15-2017

My doctor mandated that I go with a full face mask before he would give me an Rx for an ASV machine.  He said that the pressures are too high on an ASV machine for most people using a nasal mask.  I first went with the ResMed F10, then recently went with the newer F20.  I like the F20 mask a lot better because of it's fewer leaks.

RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - xxyzx - 05-15-2017

(05-15-2017, 07:31 AM)jerrydaw Wrote: My doctor mandated that I go with a full face mask before he would give me an Rx for an ASV machine.  He said that the pressures are too high on an ASV machine for most people using a nasal mask.  I first went with the ResMed F10, then recently went with the newer F20.  I like the F20 mask a lot better because of it's fewer leaks.

that makes no sense
mine gave me an Rx and no discussion of masks at all

but i have CA and the bipap was a fail

why is he prescribing an ASV for you ?

i would expect ASV to keep pressures lower to avoid causing CAs and only going up sometimes if the OAs are worse than the CAs

RE: ResMed 10 ASV and Data programs - C0mbe - 05-16-2017

(05-15-2017, 07:31 AM)jerrydaw Wrote: My doctor mandated that I go with a full face mask before he would give me an Rx for an ASV machine.  He said that the pressures are too high on an ASV machine for most people using a nasal mask.  I first went with the ResMed F10, then recently went with the newer F20.  I like the F20 mask a lot better because of it's fewer leaks.

I don't believe that to be true.  I use nasal pillows (p10) with an ASV and I see pressure spikes of 25cm h20 without issue.  Resmed used to require a FFM but removed that restriction with the S9 and up if I remember correctly.  

An ASV machine set to auto will manage the EPAP to control OSA, and deliver high pressure spikes to trigger a breath when you are having CSA. The Aircurve 10 ASV is much more prone to deliver a blast than the Dreamstation auto SV, but if your mask is sealing correctly I don't think it matters what type of mask you have.  They are both incredibly comfortable.  

The only time the spikes are an issue is when I am  in the processing of falling asleep and the ASV algorithm mistakes cues and cranks the pressure, which brings me to full awareness.  I suspect that would still be an issue regardless of which mask to use.  

Personally, I would just smile and nod at your doc and then use whatever mask you are comfortable with.  You'll see better results.