Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Second night on cpap no sleep - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Second night on cpap no sleep (/Thread-CPAP-Second-night-on-cpap-no-sleep)

Pages: 1 2

Second night on cpap no sleep - Kathy Oreardon - 05-18-2017

Didn't sleep at all. Sleep report says 4.46 usage hrs with an hour in between where I had to get up! Events per hr are 2.9. Is that when I recall gasping with air in my mouth? I'm confused. I did do an overnight sleep study twice but both times did not sleep long enough for a good result other than I have really bad apnea. I had a bout of afib which has been attributed to this. Needed cardio version so I really need to get this resmed machine to work well for me. Any advice?
Best regards
Kathy

RE: Second night on cpap no sleep - OpalRose - 05-18-2017

It would be a good idea to download #SleepyHead software. This way, we can take a look at your data and be better able to advise.

Follow the tutorials in my signature line. This shows you know to organize the graphs and what we need to see from the daily page of #SleepyHead.

Do you have the ResMed Airsense Cpap or Apap? Your profile isn't clear.
Hoping you have the data capable auto Cpap.

RE: Second night on cpap no sleep - Kathy Oreardon - 05-18-2017

Hello,
I have a resmed airsense cpap machine. I will download sleepyhead tomorrow. My first level sleep stage has been diagnosed at both sleep clinic overnights as normal. It is my R.E.M. sleep that gives me all the problems. Thank you for your help.

RE: Second night on cpap no sleep - Sleep2Snore - 05-18-2017

Your R,E,M, sleep?
Do you not dream or not get that far?
It does take a while to get used to using a CPAP machine, let's face it, we are not used to air being forced into out lungs.
Keep going, once you get some data up the good people on here should be able to give you some advice.

RE: Second night on cpap no sleep - Gary1of2 - 05-18-2017

I am new to apap too. What i found out was sit with you pap machine on watching tv or reading a book . this way I started getting used to it before I went to bed.

Hello,
Yes I do dream and in colour too! The past two nights on the machine I have not had any R.E.M. Sleep. I guess that's why I'm so tired. Thank you for the encouragement and I will keep at it. I have to!!

What a good idea. I will try sitting with it on for a while before I go to bed???

Thank you to all who took time to give me advice. I really appreciate the input and will start by wearing it a while before bed.

RE: Second night on cpap no sleep - eseedhouse - 05-18-2017

We need the *exact* model of your Resmed machine. The links at the top of the page will show you how to find that. We also need to know the make and model of your mask. If your machine is data capable then you can download the SleepyHead software and start posting your results here.

RE: Second night on cpap no sleep - quiescence at last - 05-18-2017

I find the day really long when I do not remember having dream(s) the prior night.  there is some sort of well being trigger that nice colour dreaming sets for most.

did you sleep study indicate REM apneas being any different if you are on your side versus on your back?

Do you know what part of your current AHI of 2.9 is OA (obstructive), CA (clear airway), and H (hypopnea)?  If so, feel free to share.

Good luck as you are adapting.

QAL

Hi QAL,
I think my studies showed I was worse on my back. Regarding your other queries, I'm still learning all this stuff and don't know how to find on my machine what type of AHI I'm having! I hope I get much better at all this. I agree about the dreams and just hate when I get woken up in the middle of something!!
Thank you for your good wishes. Here goes my third night and I hope it's a better one.