Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. (/Thread-Apap-to-CPAP-for-camping-settings-question)

Pages: 1 2 3

Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - DavePaulson - 05-21-2017

If I need to use a standard CPAP for camping what should my settings be?

ht tp://imgur.com/hJBfYok

A screen shot of a typical day ht  tp://imgur.com/IHTruvg     (normally have less leakage though).

Thank you,

Dave

RE: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - silversnore - 05-21-2017

The links that you have posted will not work, can you check and post again.

RE: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - OpalRose - 05-21-2017

If your using SleepyHead, set the pressure at your 90% reading.

RE: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - MitchS - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 12:30 PM)DavePaulson Wrote: If I need to use a standard CPAP for camping what should my settings be?

ht tp://imgur.com/hJBfYok

A screen shot of a typical day ht  tp://imgur.com/IHTruvg     (normally have less leakage though).

Thank you,

Dave

Setting a fixed pressure at your apap 90% pressure is a good rule of thumb. My fixed pressure ends up closer to my apap 95% pressure. 

(05-21-2017, 02:09 PM)silversnore Wrote: The links that you have posted will not work, can you check and post again.

The OP inserted spaces in th link to get around the link restrictions for new members. When the spaces are removed, the links work fine.

RE: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - Gideon - 05-21-2017

You have a Resmed device go with the Med value (no 90% on Resmed) so 15

Set your APAP to a range of 15-15 no EPR and see how you do.

RE: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - Sleeprider - 05-21-2017

Why not just leave it on Auto mode? It isn't like you will use much more power. Just turn off heated humidity and heated hose, then use the humidifier chamber with water for passive humidification. No problem.

RE: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - DavePaulson - 05-21-2017

Thanks for the replies, I will try playing around with the settings based on this. I have a couple of weeks before I do a week in the BWCA. I still might buy the converter for the S9 if I don't get satisfactory results.

Again thank you,

Dave

RE: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - Sleeprider - 05-21-2017

You will definitely need the Resmed S9 DC converter to run on a battery. Using an inverter would be very inefficient.

RE: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - DavePaulson - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 03:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You will definitely need the Resmed S9 DC converter to run on a battery.  Using an inverter would be very inefficient.

I need the battery to last a week so an inverter is out of the question.

I missed your other question. I have another machine set up to run on 12 volts already and I would rather not buy the converter for the S9 if I don't have to.

RE: Apap to CPAP for camping, settings question. - justMongo - 05-21-2017

And that machine is a CPAP.

here's your imgur charts inline
[Image: hJBfYok.png]

[Image: IHTruvg.png]