Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Mask Alert Not Working - HELP! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Mask Alert Not Working - HELP! (/Thread-Mask-Alert-Not-Working-HELP)

Mask Alert Not Working - HELP! - chock - 05-22-2017

Hi all. I have a Respironics Remstar System One with Humidifier. The machine is apprx. 7 years old. The mask alert recently has been working sporadically/intermittently. And, I need it to work because I rip my Circandience Sleepweaver Elan mask off at least once per night. Is it just old and finally not working? I can't afford a new machine right now and haven't even come close to meeting my annual deductible for health insurance. 

Thanks all in advance for any suggestions!!!!

RE: Mask Alert Not Working - HELP! - OpalRose - 05-22-2017

Welcome to the Forum chock!

Is the "mask alert" the only feature not working?  
The machine is still usefull and can serve as a backup machine in time.

You will need to start comparing prices of machines and then compare to the insurance deductible that you need to meet.  

If you end up buying out of pocket, check out Supplier #2 from the supplier list at top of page.  They sell low hour used equipment and also zero hour open box units.

Amazon is also a good source.

I'm not ignoring your "mask off" in the middle of the night complaint.  Alot of folk seem to have this issue.  Don't depend on a machine to alert you.  Make it harder to pull off, by using a chin strap over the mask straps.

Others may have suggestions for you, but you should give some serious consideration to acquiring another machine, preferably an Apap, before your machine stops working completely.

RE: Mask Alert Not Working - HELP! - trish6hundred - 05-22-2017

Hi chock,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You should consider getting another machine so you won’t be without Therapy.
I wish you good luck as you continue on your CPAP journey.

RE: Mask Alert Not Working - HELP! - chock - 05-23-2017

Thanks for the reply, Opal! I thought about the chinstrap. May have to as I can not afford the machine right now. My deductible is $1500 which I have met $0 thus far., so not happening.

Other functions on machine are working fine. I fiddled with it a bit last night. I think that if I go to settings and turn the alert to "off" then turn it back on, I get one alarm/alert out of the machine, at least that's what happened when I tried that last night.

RE: Mask Alert Not Working - HELP! - OpalRose - 05-23-2017

You may want to try rebooting. Unplug from power source, wait a few minutes, and plug back in.
Sometimes that helps.

RE: Mask Alert Not Working - HELP! - chock - 05-23-2017

THANKS TRISH! YES. I WILL DEFINITELY CONTINUE. I SAY THIS A LOT, AND I MEAN IT. CIRCADIENCE SAVED MY LIFE. I COULD NOT TOLERATE SILICON MASKS. AND EVEN WITH ALL THE LEAKS, IT'S STILL INFINITELY BETTER THAN NOTHING AT ALL.