Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Do you use CPAP during the day - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Do you use CPAP during the day (/Thread-CPAP-Do-you-use-CPAP-during-the-day)

Pages: 1 2

Do you use CPAP during the day - Ticman1 - 05-27-2017

I am babysitting a 120 dog beast this weekend---no not by choice!  Really good dog BUT she woke me up at 4:30a.m. To go out.  At that point I had already slept 6 hours and wasn't ready to go back to bed.

My question is--if i need to sleep again or take a nap should I use my machine?  Does it add to/or throw off daily stats?

Thoughts please and thanks

RE: Do you use CPAP during the day - Crimson Nape - 05-27-2017

The best practice is to always use your CPAP when sleeping or napping.  Your Resmed is programmed for a noon to noon day.  This means any nap before noon will be amended to the last sleep session.  After noon, the nap will be recorded along with your upcoming nightly data for that day.

As far as throwing off your stats; It will just add to them.  In SleepyHead you can elect to turnoff those results by scrolling down in the Details screen (lower left in Daily) and sliding the green switch to red.

RE: Do you use CPAP during the day - Ticman1 - 05-27-2017

Thanks for the reply.  I felt it would probably be best to ALWAYS use the machine for any sleeping event but just wanted to know what others thought.

RE: Do you use CPAP during the day - TASmart - 05-27-2017

I always use mine if I need a nap. I have noticed that now-a-days my naps are way shorter than BC ( that's before CPAP). BC a nap was 1 -2 hours, now its 30-45 minutes. All spontaneous as far as durations. I think it's important to know how much you sleep in a 24 hour period. Damned if I know what I'd do with that if it were to change much though.

RE: Do you use CPAP during the day - kwhenrykerr - 05-27-2017

I suffer if I forget.

RE: Do you use CPAP during the day - Mosquitobait - 05-27-2017

I think best choice is to use the machine whenever you nap. But some depends on your apnea. I only have apnea during REM and nearREM, which I never get during an average nap of 1-1.5 hours. My oxygen level is also stable for 1.5 hours. So, I often skip my mask but SET AN ALARM so I don't oversleep that oxygen level. If I need a longer nap (little to no sleep night before for whatever reason) or don't feel well, I always use my mask.

RE: Do you use CPAP during the day - littlefatcat - 05-27-2017

I always try to use mine when I take a nap. It makes my nap so much better. If I don't use it I wake up a lot.

RE: Do you use CPAP during the day - Gary1of2 - 05-27-2017

I to use mine when taking a nap.

RE: Do you use CPAP during the day - trish6hundred - 05-27-2017

I use my mask and machine every time I nap, even when I clean out my ears, just in case I doze off.

RE: Do you use CPAP during the day - MitchS - 05-28-2017

Every time I lay down, just in case I go to sleep. I seldom nap since I started CPAP.