Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask (/Thread-The-new-Resmed-Airtouch-F20-full-face-mask)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - st8800 - 06-25-2017

What's the difference between Airfit and Airtouch? Is it just the memory foam? Thought they are 2 different products but I keep seeing people referring as though they are similar or same.

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - CB91710 - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 09:00 PM)st8800 Wrote: What's the difference between Airfit and Airtouch? Is it just the memory foam? Thought they are 2 different products but I keep seeing people referring as though they are similar or same.

They are identical except for the silicone vs foam seal.

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - rmclendon - 06-26-2017

This is what ResMed says:

The AirTouch™ F20 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear is an updated version of the popular AirFit™ F20 that includes an alternative UltraSoft™ memory foam cushion. The cushion is designed to provide a superior fit, however must be disposed of after 30 days and replaced.

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - st8800 - 06-26-2017

Thanks guys, just ordered the Airfit F20.

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - dgiebink - 06-26-2017

I've been using the F20 for a bit over a month. It is the only mask that has worked for me. But, some pointers ...

1. my face is oily and gets moist at night causing the mask to slip up off my chin and eventually into my mouth. Solution was to take a piece of velcro and run it from one strap to the other under my chin. This did two things. One, it prevented the slipping. And, two, it somehow applied just the right pressure to better seal the entire mask.

2. I tried the medium and the large mask. Only the large mask worked, because it rested more to the top of my nose, also preventing that annoying slip up.

3. Finally, I wash the mask in baby shampoo water every day, but, in addition, before putting on at night, I wipe the mask and my face with a mask wipe. This causes the mask to almost 'stick' to my face. I.e., you can really feel the adhesion.

With those three things and this fabulous new mask padding, I can run the pressure up to 20 with no problem at all, all night long.

{:>)

p.s. My sleep therapist was not a fan of the mask wipes. I'm using them anyway, because they really do help with adhesion. Also, I think you can easily use the mask for well over a month. I'm at month one with no noticeable change in adhesion at all.

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - car54 - 06-26-2017

rmclendon,

I am nearing a month on the airtouch F20. I have no intention on replacing it after 30 days. I will be like Kramer finding out how long you can drive before a car runs out of gas.

car54

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - Melman - 06-26-2017

I'm at 90 days with my original F20 cushion and it still feels and looks like new. I may order a new Airtouch F20 mask to have a spare, just in case, and to try the memory foam option.

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - tlauts - 06-26-2017

I have tried every mask on the market and every one leaks on me. My provider has these coming in, and I am top on the list (probably because they are annoyed with me complaining about leaks on every mask they try on me).

Since I currently have the F10, I am guessing I only need the mask and not all new headgear, correct?

Has anyone tried this mask at pressures at 25 or higher?

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - rmclendon - 06-27-2017

I'm going with "NO" to your question. I think the difference in headgear is magnetic clips vs the squeeze clips. The magnetic ones are MUCH better!

RE: The new Resmed Airtouch F20 full face mask - NadiaK - 06-30-2017

Does anyone know if it would be ok to use a baby wipe instead of the ones made for cpap?  I just ordered the memory foam mask and totally forgot that I should have ordered the wipes.