Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dreamstation heated tubing with System One 760? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dreamstation heated tubing with System One 760? (/Thread-Dreamstation-heated-tubing-with-System-One-760)

Dreamstation heated tubing with System One 760? - jsielke - 06-04-2017

Wondering if the heated tubing for the Phillips Dreamstation is compatible with the Phillips System One 760 BIPAP? (or vice-versa) The connections app[ear the same, but don't want to short something out.

RE: Dreamstation heated tubing with System One 760? - OpalRose - 06-04-2017

No, I don't think so.  My 60 Series heated tube looks nothing like the DreamStation heated tubing.

If you look on a few supplier sites of pictures of the tubes, you will notice the differences, plus the description for the
DreamStation Heated Tube clearly states they can only be used with DreamStation machines.

Yes, its a bummer, but Phillips Respironics doesn't necessarily want to save your money, they want you to spend it!

RE: Dreamstation heated tubing with System One 760? - MitchS - 06-04-2017

My DME sent me a System One heated hose for my DreamStation with my last order. It attaches to my DreamStation properly and activates the heated hose control menus on the DreamStation display. There are no error messages and the machine seemed to operate normally for the couple of minutes I tested it. I wont know for sure until I use it for a few nights, but it appears to be doing everything the hose that is packaged as a DreamStation heated hose does. Of course, even if the System One heated hose is compatible with the DreamStation, it doesn't necessarily follow that the DreamStation heated hose is compatible with the System One.

RE: Dreamstation heated tubing with System One 760? - jsielke - 06-04-2017

Now I am confused. I got one "yes" and one "no."

RE: Dreamstation heated tubing with System One 760? - JWR - 06-04-2017

Both heated hoses DreamStation and system one 60 series are compatible with each other.  Other than the color at the machine end being different that's it . Have been using both hoses back and forth on my DreamStation and spare machine system one 760 , everything works as it should with ether hose on ether machine.

RE: Dreamstation heated tubing with System One 760? - OpalRose - 06-04-2017

pupcamper,
Let us know how it works out.
As you say, the 60 series hose may work with the DreamStation. I'm not sure, just going by the pictures on some supplier sites.

RE: Dreamstation heated tubing with System One 760? - MitchS - 06-05-2017

(06-04-2017, 01:14 PM)OpalRose Wrote: pupcamper,
Let us know how it works out.  
As you say, the 60 series hose may work with the DreamStation.   I'm not sure, just going by the pictures on some supplier sites.

I used the System One hose last night with my DreamStation. I couldn't tell the difference between it and the one that is labeled for the DreamStation. All of the functions appear to be working the same. It maintained the heat and humidity levels properly. I was also able to set different heat and humidity levels with the DreamStation's controls.