Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
EMF and CPAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: EMF and CPAP (/Thread-EMF-and-CPAP)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: EMF and CPAP - JesseLee - 06-08-2018

That's cool, I didn't get my Ham ticket until I was 14.

I can think of many of the guys that i used to see and work with on a daily basis that were in their 60s twenty years ago, and I'll get a note (unfortunatly) that one of them has passed. Late 70's or early 80's. Some i have not heard about, I'm sure some have passed, and likely some from cancer in one of it's various forms. But i remember very clearly that nearly all of them smoked or drank (most were roadies and drank a lot). They also liked to use mineral spirits to clean fire putty off their hands. I'm very certain that some have had cancer whether it manifest or not. Attributable to emf? Im less inclined to believe emf vs one of the other, proven carcinogenic, exposures.

RE: EMF and CPAP - Spiritofmoonflower - 10-08-2018

Thanks for sharing your experience and findings.I am wondering if you have an update on EMF exposure using your CPAP machine. I am a new user and also concerned about EMF exposure. I have turned the machine  on to airplane mode. Turned off the heater on the tubing,  wondering if this reduces or eliminated EMFs.

RE: EMF and CPAP - Reznik - 10-08-2018

(10-08-2018, 05:04 PM)Spiritofmoonflower Wrote: Thanks for sharing your experience and findings.I am wondering if you have an update on EMF exposure using your CPAP machine. I am a new user and also concerned about EMF exposure. I have turned the machine  on to airplane mode. Turned off the heater on the tubing,  wondering if this reduces or eliminated EMFs.

Turning off the heated hose definitely will reduce EMF exposure.  I don't even the buy the heated hose anymore, and so I save myself some money as well.  

Whether there's any risk from exposure to EMF is still anyone's guess, but if I can easily avoid an unknown risk, I will.

RE: EMF and CPAP - Spiritofmoonflower - 10-08-2018

Thanks! 
Yes, I will get the regular hose when it's time to update in a month or two. As for EMF's no harm in being on the safe side!

RE: EMF and CPAP - Keljian - 10-09-2018

Ok i have thought long and hard about answering this.

The reason heated hoses transmit frequencies is that they are pulse modulated, to vary the temperature.

What makes it worse is the fact that the coil is a spiral which could act as an antenna. One could, if they wanted, wrap a hose in foil or metal (or mesh) and earth the metal, this would then kill the EMF.

The frequencies used for the pulse width is likely high (well above 60/50hz) probably in the 500-1500hz range as a minimum (colder the temp, the higher the frequency) .

Do I think it is a health threat? No. Here's why:
If it was, it would create a lot of interference. Take your mobile phone for instance, pop that next to a speaker and you will hear static and noise when it is transmitting. Do that with a heated hose and you won't.

RE: EMF and CPAP - Spiritofmoonflower - 10-09-2018

Thanks for your thoughtful response which I am pondering. So far the benefits far outway the down side of using the CPAP machine. The only side effect has been a mild itchy/crawling feeling on various parts of body with some bumps mosquito bites size. Have ruled out other causes for this reaction as diet/ laundry etc. has not changed so thought this might be from EMF exposure. Has anyone else had this kind of reaction?

RE: EMF and CPAP - silentsnore - 10-09-2018

Just curious, did anyone actually measured what kind of RF/EMF is radiated from heated hose? Measured amplitude? Spectrum?

RE: EMF and CPAP - Spiritofmoonflower - 10-09-2018

No I did not. For now I have turned off the heater on the tube. If that does not care of my symptoms I will look into purchasing the various meters to do some testing.

RE: EMF and CPAP - Elizabeth - 12-15-2018

I’ve been reacting to the EMFs from my CPAP machine and heated tube. I started having anxiety and worse insomnia after I started using it so I know it’s the cause. I’m feeling the same way I did before I had the smart meter removed from my house and turning the electricity to my bedroom off. I don’t care who thinks I’m crazy I know my own body and I do react to EMFs. There’s a video on you tube of a guy measuring the EMFs and other stuff and his meter goes off the chart when he puts it near the CPAP machine and the heated tubing. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post the video here so if you want to see it google CPAP machines and EMFs and you’ll see the video. It’s about 15 minutes long and we’ll worth watching for believers and non believers alike. If I figure out a way to shield myself from the EMFs I’ll post it.

RE: EMF and CPAP - sunshine66 - 04-14-2019

I never used the heated hose.  I have always used the standard hose.  I am glad after reading your post.  I've just become aware of the problems created by emf so it is reassuring to know the machine is ok and I just need to keep using the regular hose.  I also pulled the modem out and have chosen to recertify each year with a doctor.