Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
MyAir v sleepyhead - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: MyAir v sleepyhead (/Thread-MyAir-v-sleepyhead)

MyAir v sleepyhead - Samelia - 06-08-2017

Hi.  Three weeks into therapy and all is well.  Switched one week ago to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  Two nights the ResMed program said I had 0.5 Ahi that night but today when uploading data to sleepyhead the reading there was 0.  Why would there be a difference?
Thanks

RE: MyAir v sleepyhead - OpalRose - 06-09-2017

Samelia,
May be that SleepyHead is just rounding the numbers.  Dont-know

With an AHI of 0.0 or .5, you are doing well. More importantly is how you feel.
Sleep-well

RE: MyAir v sleepyhead - jasonarmstrong - 06-09-2017

This what My air was for last night...still working on getting a laptop for sleepyhead software install

6:44 usage hours
Good mask seal
1.3 events per hour
3 mask on/off
Total myAir score

RE: MyAir v sleepyhead - Gideon - 06-09-2017

Your numbers look good. but How do you feel?
That is really the more important issue for you.

RE: MyAir v sleepyhead - Beej - 06-12-2017

Your sleep changes from night to night based on what is happening in or to you.
Did you exercise really hard before bed? Earlier during the day?
Any new medications? Are there meds you take only intermittently, like for an asthma flare?
Alcohol consumption? Other recreational drug use?
Change in stress levels?
Other medical conditions which vary?
Types of food eaten - carbohydrate levels may fluctuate, spices may upset the stomach.
And so on.

RE: MyAir v sleepyhead - zonk - 06-12-2017

(06-08-2017, 09:36 PM)Samelia Wrote: Hi.  Three weeks into therapy and all is well.  Switched one week ago to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  Two nights the ResMed program said I had 0.5 Ahi that night but today when uploading data to sleepyhead the reading there was 0.  Why would there be a difference?
Thanks
what is the "events per hour" displayed on the top part of machine sleep report? this is your ahi for the previous day (noon to noon)

RE: MyAir v sleepyhead - Samelia - 06-13-2017

I feel fine in answer to an earlier question.  It was just a curiosity question in the data from myAir showed an AHI of 0.5 but for the same period sleepyhead showed AHI of 0. I'm happy with the results just wondered if there was a reason that two programs that read the same data had differing results.

RE: MyAir v sleepyhead - DeepBreathing - 06-13-2017

(06-08-2017, 09:36 PM)Samelia Wrote: Hi.  Three weeks into therapy and all is well.  Switched one week ago to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  Two nights the ResMed program said I had 0.5 Ahi that night but today when uploading data to sleepyhead the reading there was 0.  Why would there be a difference?
Thanks

There shouldn't be a difference, so that indicates there's a setting wrong somewhere. In SleepyHead, go to File > Preferences > Events. Make sure Hypopnea, Obstructive, Unclassified Apnea and Clear Airway are all selected. Then click OK and see if there's any difference.