Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10 (/Thread-How-to-adjust-temp-on-resmed-airsense-10)

How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10 - dee73 - 06-11-2017

Hi. I'm in the second week of a month trial, and for my first week I was able to adjust the temperature setting easily from the menu. I had an appointment on Friday and since then I cannot find temperature! My menu now has ramp time, humidity level, pressure relief but no temp. It feels like it's just blowing cold air and I've ended up taking it off at around 2am each night as the inside of my nose is sore. It's a public holiday here today so I can't call my clinic for help, was hoping someone in here can assist me?

RE: How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10 - CB91710 - 06-11-2017

If you do not have a heated hose, then humidity level is all you have.

Did they replace your hose?

Also check under hose type and see if it says Slimline or Climateline. The Climateline is the heated hose.

RE: How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10 - Crimson Nape - 06-11-2017

It sounds like you don't have a ClimateLine hose connected. That will be the only time a temperature is displayed.

RE: How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10 - dee73 - 06-11-2017

Yes now that I look at it, the house does seem narrower than the one I had last week. Why would she have changed my hose? She didn't say anything about doing that...

RE: How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10 - pholynyk - 06-11-2017

You don't mention which machine you are using for your trial, but a heated hose will have some electrical contacts at the end connected to the machine; it will look like a large extra bump. The unheated hoses have plain round rubber tubing going onto the machine.
On my ResMed machine, the clinician can allow or disallow the user to change both the temperature and humidity settings. It's possible they may have locked you out for some reason - but they should have told you why.

RE: How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10 - Crimson Nape - 06-11-2017

At the risk of being corny, It sounds like you literately got "hosed" by the doctor's office.  .  . I couldn't resist. Big Grin

RE: How to adjust temp on resmed airsense 10 - CHanlon - 06-11-2017

(06-11-2017, 07:09 PM)dee73 Wrote: Yes now that I look at it, the house does seem narrower than the one I had last week. Why would she have changed my hose? She didn't say anything about doing that...

On a guess, and being totally cynical - because they can sell it to someone else for $80.  Or back to you, for that matter.  We have a local supplier whose current RT seems to be really prone to doing things like exactly this.  For instance... CPAP Clinic advertises the ResMed Airsense in 2 bundles - one with the ClimateLine and one with the standard Slimline.  The price difference is $35.  Their price for just the hose is $52, so there is a bit of a markup if you buy it separately.  This local RT sells them for $80, and tells people that there is no bundle that includes it.  A friend of mine started CPAP, got his Autoset machine there, and brought it to me so I could check it out, and teach him more about it...  I noticed it was a "For Her" model.  He then mentioned that it came out of the box with the white cover with flowers... RT swapped *covers* and sold it to him.  And gave him a receipt for an Elite... standard CPAP.  My guess is that he's entering sales as the cheaper Elite, submitting them to ADP as Autosets, and making about $200 extra... before he sells off the Climateline hoses.

And this isn't a single data point decision - I've had 3 other people tell me similar things.

In *this* case, though, I sent my friend back to get a proper receipt... what happens when he has a problem with the machine and tries to get it serviced under warranty?  "Um... this isn't the receipt for this machine..."