Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please (/Thread-My-First-SleepyHead-Data-Post-help-please)

My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please - Surfbear - 06-15-2017

Hi all!

I finally got a Dreamstation machine with a working SD card slot! Woot!!
I'm excited to finally be able to use SleepyHead and post some results.

I've been using my Autopap machine for about 2 months, and my average AHI
over that period is 3.3. Last night's data showed a bit higher, but I'm anxious to post
my Sleepyhead data and welcome any comments from experienced members as to how to interpret
some of this info. 

I would love to be below 2 on my AHI score consistently. I appreciate an insights
and observations on findings revealed from this data.
Thanks to all the experienced members who are willing to help and contribute!  Thanks

[Image: 5mHCxz9.png]

RE: My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please - Crimson Nape - 06-15-2017

Try setting your minimum pressure to 9cm to clear up the hypopneas. If the CA's persist, try reducing the flex setting.

RE: My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please - quiescence at last - 06-15-2017

yep. minimum of 9 cm (maybe 8 cm) to maximum 14 cm with AFlex reduced by 1 (if you are at 3, set to 2) or leave alone if AFlex is already set to 1.

being that the machine is new to you, sometimes that messes with your first several nights.

good luck.

QAL

RE: My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please - ajack - 06-15-2017

You probably wouldn't notice the difference between 8 or 9 and I'd consider them both on the low end of pressure. I think it wouldn't matter much either way in the end, just not less than 8 at this stage. you may have to look at clustering later.

RE: My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please - Surfbear - 06-15-2017

(06-15-2017, 05:37 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Try setting your minimum pressure to 9cm to clear up the hypopneas.  If the CA's persist, try reducing the flex setting.

Thank you so much for the response! I have adjusted the minimum pressure.  Smile

(06-15-2017, 10:45 PM)ajack Wrote: You probably wouldn't notice the difference between 8 or 9 and I'd consider them both on the low end of pressure. I think it wouldn't matter much either way in the end, just not less than 8 at this stage. you may have to look at clustering later.

Thank you ajack!  Smile

(06-15-2017, 10:28 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: yep. minimum of 9 cm (maybe 8 cm) to maximum 14 cm with AFlex reduced by 1 (if you are at 3, set to 2) or leave alone if AFlex is already set to 1.

being that the machine is new to you, sometimes that messes with your first several nights.

good luck.

QAL

Thanks for the reply QAL!

RE: My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please - Surfbear - 06-16-2017

Wow!!! These are my results after raising my minimum pressure as suggested to 9cmH2o, and lowering
my flex setting from 2 to 1. Amazing!!!
As you can see I took a brief siesta in the evening after swimming  Smile
Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions!

[Image: NNaYSgn.png]

RE: My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please - Crimson Nape - 06-16-2017

Excellent job Surfbear!     Give yourself a raise and take the rest of the week off.     Well-done

RE: My First SleepyHead Data Post..help please - Surfbear - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 08:06 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Excellent job Surfbear!     Give yourself a raise and take the rest of the week off.     Well-done

Haha! Thank you!!!!!!