Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
What kind of PAPist are you? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: What kind of PAPist are you? (/Thread-What-kind-of-PAPist-are-you)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - TASmart - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 08:50 PM)robysue Wrote: I'd have to describe myself as a "troubled Catholic" Papist: I know that PAPing is good for my soul, but I've yet (after 6 years) to really feel that WOW Holy Jesus This is What I've Been Waiting For morning.

I keep PAPing just like I keep going to Mass: I know that its good for me. I know that I'd be far worse off without it. I help others (both here and on that "other forum") out of a sense of duty to my fellow human beings. And I know that I have moments (usually at 3 AM) where I am dealing with a serious crisis of faith in what I'm doing, but I keep plodding on ahead because I also know that things have very, very slowly gotten better in terms of how I feel during the day, even if I haven't ever had that WOW Holy Jesus This is What I've Been Waiting For morning.

Well, you're certainly are a good witness for the rest of us and out respective devices!

Happy PAPing to you, until we meet again
good nite Dale, Gotta feed trigger now.

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - bwexler - 06-18-2017

Evangelical PAPer

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - Spy Car - 06-18-2017

Non-evangelical, but none-the-less devoted to my personal path.

Bill

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - Shift Worker - 06-19-2017

A Wannabe papist?
Still on hold from a sleep Dr. who is on her own agenda!
I will have faith, my sleep cannot get worse then no sleep (feels like no sleep!)
I really like the positive but realistic posts on this forum.
Shift Worker

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - chigirl - 06-19-2017

Definitely Agnostic.

I've got my AHI below 1 the vast majority of nights. I'm sleeping through the night and only wake up when the mask leaks in the early AM. I average over 7 hours of sleep each night. I've been at this for 6 months and don't really feel any different. In fact, I think I actually hit the snooze button more than I did prior to PAP. But like robysue, I keep plodding away waiting for that moment where I'm like...oh this is what they mean.

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - TASmart - 06-19-2017

(06-19-2017, 03:55 AM)Shift Worker Wrote: A Wannabe papist?
Still on hold from a sleep Dr. who is on her own agenda!
I will have faith, my sleep cannot get worse then no sleep (feels like no sleep!)
I really like the positive but realistic posts on this forum.
Shift Worker

I know what you mean. I was really sure I had sleep apnea when I went for my assessment in August last year. It was late March this  year when i get my APAP. Way too long. Stupid long.

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - storywizard - 06-19-2017

Evangelical PAPer

Through sheer persistance and 3 different machines I have seen the light. At least no more gagging wakeups and, miracle of miracles
no need to use any sleep meds of any nature including medical marijuana...truly miraculous...
Wish the energy was better, but I have a few medical side issues getting in the way of energy, but at least I
can breath and sleep...... Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks 

Storywizard

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - Raven87 - 06-20-2017

I would say at this early point in my PAPing walk that I would be more of an 'Emerging/Progressive' PAPist.

I believe the PAPing message for the most part, have seen it work in my own life, but still think there's more goodness to come! I also believe that PAPing is a very personal experience for everyone and, that every PAPist has a place and it is not for me to judge someone for PAPing differently than I do but rather to accept and embrace that our differences make us stronger together!

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - Timur - 06-20-2017

Loving this thread!

Raven, I feel the same way as you, under the PAPist "umbrella" there is room for all of us, and what works for one might not work for another. 

Some of  us "believe" in CPAP.

Some have "seen the light" and follow APAP.  

There are those who swear by the RAMP, and some found salvation in EPR. 

Not to mention the Bipapers and  ASVers.

There are many paths to PAPing, it is a profoundly individual relationship with PAP.  

So I would call myself an Ecumenical PAPist. 

Whatever gets you through the night, (on the hose), is all right.

RE: What kind of PAPist are you? - Raven87 - 06-20-2017

Yes, Timur, yes indeed!