Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Airsense 10 beeping at me - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Airsense 10 beeping at me (/Thread-Equipment-Airsense-10-beeping-at-me)

Pages: 1 2

Airsense 10 beeping at me - GregInAtl - 06-16-2017

I have been on CPAP for about 10 years but just got a new machine last week. It's a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. For some reason, in the middle of the night about 3am it will beep at me 3 times and then stop. It wakes me up and then I can't get back to sleep for a while. It only does this one time and then I am OK for the rest of the night. I am trying to figure out what is causing this, so I can turn it off.

Any ideas?

RE: Airsense 10 beeping at me - saskatoonie - 06-16-2017

I have the exact same machine and I have never had this happen. I would check with the dealer.  How many nights has this happened?

RE: Airsense 10 beeping at me - GregInAtl - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 09:23 AM)saskatoonie Wrote: I have the exact same machine and I have never had this happen. I would check with the dealer.  How many nights has this happened?

Every night for about the last week. I've had it for a week. I wonder if it is transmitting data to the doctor

RE: Airsense 10 beeping at me - TASmart - 06-16-2017

I would contact the seller, there is nothing in the clinician manual about any beeps, to I think it is some kind of failure alarm. OR are you sure you do not have a watch alarm set that is going off? or a cell phone beep? It is very hard to locate those beep sounds because of the short sudden duration.

(06-16-2017, 09:42 AM)TASmart Wrote: I would contact the seller, there is nothing in the clinician manual about any beeps, to I think it is some kind of failure alarm. OR are you sure you do not have a watch alarm set that is going off? or a cell phone beep? It is very hard to locate those beep sounds because of the short sudden duration.

This just started since I got my new machine and it only does it once during the night and then it's OK the rest of the night. I am wondering if it's trying to transmit some compliance data to the doctor or DME. I am waiting for the DME to call me back so I can find that out if they have it set up to send in the middle of the night. I will turn off my cell phone tonight just to make sure, although I don't think that is it.

RE: Airsense 10 beeping at me - Crimson Nape - 06-16-2017

Have you checked to see if any alarm options has been set? They are located in the Clinician menu.

(06-16-2017, 10:09 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Have you checked to see if any alarm options has been set?  They are located in the Clinician menu.

Yes, I have checked the Clinician menu and the clinical manual and I did not see any indication of any alarms or alerts that can be turned on or off

RE: Airsense 10 beeping at me - TASmart - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 10:07 AM)GregInAtl Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 09:42 AM)TASmart Wrote: I would contact the seller, there is nothing in the clinician manual about any beeps, to I think it is some kind of failure alarm. OR are you sure you do not have a watch alarm set that is going off? or a cell phone beep? It is very hard to locate those beep sounds because of the short sudden duration.

This just started since I got my new machine and it only does it once during the night and then it's OK the rest of the night. I am wondering if it's trying to transmit some compliance data to the doctor or DME. I am waiting for the DME to call me back so I can find that out if they have it set up to send in the middle of the night. I will turn off my cell phone tonight just to make sure, although I don't think that is it.

Mine makes no sounds when transmitting compliance data. Contact the seller.

RE: Airsense 10 beeping at me - sonicboom - 06-16-2017

I am on year 3 with the A10 and have never heard any beeps or alarms from the unit. I would return it .

RE: Airsense 10 beeping at me - CB91710 - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 10:07 AM)GregInAtl Wrote: This just started since I got my new machine and it only does it once during the night and then it's OK the rest of the night. I am wondering if it's trying to transmit some compliance data to the doctor or DME. I am waiting for the DME to call me back so I can find that out if they have it set up to send in the middle of the night. I will turn off my cell phone tonight just to make sure, although I don't think that is it.

The unit rolls over to a new day and creates a new date folder on the SD card at noon.
Normally, mine will transmit compliance data a couple of hours after I stop using it, but I'm curious what it might do if the day rollover happens during use?

Double check your system date and time and make sure it is correct.  While there is no need to change it for time zones or DST as you travel.  You can, it doesn't hurt, but it doesn't help other than to properly align times on the charts...  but if your machine is set to GMT+4 (Russian Zone-3?) that would put noon on the machine at 3am EDT.   Not sure if that would do anything or not.