Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
1 year and still tired! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 1 year and still tired! (/Thread-1-year-and-still-tired)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Scott C. - 07-26-2017

(07-26-2017, 01:06 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 12:57 PM)Scott C. Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 12:53 PM)OpalRose Wrote: With Flex, I believe it is a comfort feature.  Since you are using a pressure of 12-12, mabye you should turn it off so that there is no drop in pressure at all.  

Sorry, I didn't have time to read back and see if you have already tried that with over 248 posts, but it wouldn't hurt to try it.

Thanks OpalRose. have not tried it yet. That is why I was wondering the purpose of the flex. Should I be going up or down with flex? Dont-know

My machine offers C-flex, A-flex, or None.
 So does the Dreamstation.

RE: 1 year and still tired! - OpalRose - 07-26-2017

Set it to None.

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Scott C. - 07-27-2017

(07-26-2017, 04:42 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Set it to None.

O.K. this is with flex turned off. 6th night at min.= max. =12. for 6 nights. Tape and collar. Just for the record I spent a year with flex at 3. So did not try that recently. This looks hopeful I think. I guess the pressure graph doesn't show exhale pressure when flex is off.

[Image: AHxAZ1Il.png]

RE: 1 year and still tired! - OpalRose - 07-27-2017

Right, the graph won't show the exhale pressure line with flex off.

How did you sleep? Could you tell the difference? Did you feel that exhaling was easier or harder? These are the things you have to ask yourself.

I'd have to say, go with what feels right to you, and give one setting a few days to really gauge how you feel with it.

Felt more rested today i think. But it will take more nights to be sure. . I could really tell that the Flex was off. But it felt more balanced with the resistance. But I might like flex 1 better, but i will give it some time. I do feel like we are getting close. Wondering out loud that I would like to try a pressure range again. Maybe 10- 15 as was suggested by some other users. I welcome any input as usual.

Right now, I see you getting very good results at your current setting.  As long as you feel good, give it time and stay with it for awhile.

As far as flex goes, it's for your comfort.  Use what feels best.

What I've learned over time is trying to chase or achieve that elusive AHI of 0.0 doesn't always result in feeling better. Smile

Nope, not gonna chase numbers. Going just by how I feel. Taking it one day at a time. That being said I was surprised my AHI was 1.
The only other thing that concerns me is my mask leak. My machine always says 100% mask fit. But S.H. says otherwise.

The "mask fit check feature" checks for a good initial fit, but as you fall asleep, you facial muscles relax which can cause the mask to shift a bit.   Also, the mask can shift as you turn over from side to side.  This can cause small leaks throughout the night, but not enough to affect therapy.

Mouth breathing is more than likely your issue.  Keep working at it and wear the collar.

(07-27-2017, 09:04 PM)OpalRose Wrote: The "mask fit check feature"  checks for a good initial fit, but as you fall asleep, you facial muscles relax which can cause the mask to shift a bit.   Also, the mask can shift as you turn over from side to side.  This can cause small leaks throughout the night, but not enough to affect therapy.

Mouth breathing is more than likely your issue.  Keep working at it and wear the collar.

Thanks "opalrose" for all the input. It is greatly appreciated! On the Dreamstaion it has a mask check function which I always get a green check mark on . But the machine itself has a mask fit window which is supposed to show if you have mask leaks during the night. And that's the window I was going by for over a year.  Before discovering Sleepyhead and this forum. Then realizing I was not doing so good. Which explained why after a year+ I was just not feeling rested.
Thank you and the others soooooo much! like

RE: 1 year and still tired! - quiescence at last - 07-28-2017

glad to see the flow limitations go down.

the reason the pressure graph seems blank, is that the max pressure is the y-axis maximum. so the line is right behind or in front of the top line of the graph.

if you do go to auto range again, I would just start at 11.5 or 12. there really isn't any point in going back and letting the stuff happen at 10.

interested in seeing if you did 12 to 14, to see if just that variability is enough to cover some worse nights.

QAL