Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
1 year and still tired! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 1 year and still tired! (/Thread-1-year-and-still-tired)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Sleeprider - 08-01-2017

The session on 7/31 was your best with regard to good tidal volume, good event rate and better respiratory pattern. That's the one you want to do more often. Sounds like it was a good sleep from your comments too.

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Scott C. - 08-01-2017

(08-01-2017, 09:29 PM)st8800 Wrote: Scott, you problem is quite similar to mine. You mouth breath and have leaks on nasal/nasal pillow masks. Probably cause even when you use tape is because your tongue slip from the roof of the mouth, causing air to still flow through.... resulting in dry mouth. FFM should ease the leaks and to a certain extend the dry mouth.

For my case, tape, cervical collar and chin strap didn't help much. I am using Xylimelts with helps a lot to relieve it. I also just ordered the adult pacifier to see if it can help to keep the tongue sealed on the roof of mouth and will try to use back my nasal pillow masks when it arrives.

Thanks st8800 You are probably right. I increased the humidity last night and that seems to  have help. Plus the Wisp mask might have helped also. Not sure how I will order a FFM to try. Doesn't it need to be fitted?
Let me know how the adult pacifier works for you.  Sleep-well

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Scott C. - 08-01-2017

(08-01-2017, 09:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The session on 7/31 was your best with regard to good tidal volume, good event rate and better respiratory pattern.  That's the one you want to do more often.  Sounds like it was a good sleep from your comments too.

Sleeprider always good to hear from you. Will keep same set up for tonight and see how things go. Okay

P.S. should I get rid of the pie chart from my chart?

RE: 1 year and still tired! - st8800 - 08-02-2017

I ordered a medium AirFit F20 from Amazon at $78.51. It's probably a safe bet unless you have an extraordinary big or small head. Mine is actually on the big side but fits the medium size without any issues. I didn't go for any fitting beforehand. As for the memory foam pillows for the F20, I ordered it from Supplier #10 in our forum supplier list. Build quality on this mask is superb although it's on the big side of FFM.

Skeptical on the adult pacifier but what the heck... for $7.92 it's worth a shot.

Edit: You can also buy the F20 AirTouch for $159 direct from Supplier #10. Amara View definitely much cheaper in Amazon.

RE: 1 year and still tired! - DavePaulson - 08-02-2017

Scott, I'm still watching this thread and I also think that an FFM is well worth a try. You have been at this a long time and your AHI is at an acceptable level, the leaks are causing you problems.

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Scott C. - 08-02-2017

Thanks everyone for the input. Here is last nights chart. AHI .85 first time ever. Used the P.R. Wisp mask and mouth tape. And slept through the night.
Leaning toward the Amara view . Going by how the Wisp feels not sure I want to strap my face in a lot of stuff. Though if I get a FFM I could stop with the tape but could I get rid of the collar too?

[Image: vDxf1gql.png]

(08-02-2017, 01:38 AM)st8800 Wrote: I ordered a medium AirFit F20 from Amazon at $78.51. It's probably a safe bet unless you have an extraordinary big or small head. Mine is actually on the big side but fits the medium size without any issues. I didn't go for any fitting beforehand. As for the memory foam pillows for the F20, I ordered it from Supplier #10 in our forum supplier list. Build quality on this mask is superb although it's on the big side of FFM.

Skeptical on the adult pacifier but what the heck... for $7.92 it's worth a shot.

Edit: You can also buy the F20 AirTouch for $159 direct from Supplier #10. Amara View definitely much cheaper in Amazon.

st8800 did you give up on the Dreawear gel nasal  pillows?

(08-02-2017, 08:17 AM)DavePaulson Wrote: Scott, I'm still watching this thread and I also think that an FFM is well worth a try. You have been at this a long time and your AHI is at an acceptable level, the leaks are causing you problems.

hello DavePaulson, thanks for keeping an eye on me! What do you think of the leak numbers with the Wisp?

RE: 1 year and still tired! - st8800 - 08-02-2017

Scott, 18.25% leak over threshold is still quite high. I have not given up on my Dreamwear. I may not have a choice now because last night during sleep or dream state, I yanked out my F20 from the heated tubes. Think I did some damage to the tubes because the connecting part looked stretched and has a crinkling sound when I move it about. I reconnected the F20 and then started to hear Darth Vader sound coming through the mask.

It was like 2am and it bother me so much that I had to change to my Nuance Pro. At the same time, I went on Amazon and ordered a new heated tube for the Dreamstation. So I probably won't be using the FFM until the new heated tube arrives. Still not giving up on Dreamstation, just need to solve the mouth breathing part first.

RE: 1 year and still tired! - Scott C. - 08-03-2017

Thanks st8800. . I can't believe with the Wisp strapped on so well and mouth tape  that my leak numbers are not  a lot better. Well here is last nights chart. Thinking about raising the max.=15. And maybe the Min to 11.5 Just not sure.
Any thoughts on the pressure range ? Thanks! I have been at the 12-14 for 5 days.

[Image: nZn8374l.png]