Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleepyhead software version - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleepyhead software version (/Thread-Sleepyhead-software-version)

Pages: 1 2

Sleepyhead software version - BillMar - 06-28-2017

I have been using SleepyHead software for a couple of years now (ver. 09.8-1 Testing Open GL), reliably on a Windows 10 machine. However I have had to replace my computer and am having trouble getting the 1.0.0-beta-2 version to work properly

Some of the issues are:
no short cut icon on the desktop (and I can not find a way to launch it),
font size is tiny,
the data in the statistics sections are all jumbled on top of each other,
etc.

Since I know from the earlier version what things should look like, I can kind of figure out what is there, but clearly this is not satisfactory.

Can someone point me to where I can download the earlier version, or suggest ways to solve the problems I am having with this version.

Sadly I saw in a post a suggestion that Mark was no longer working much on the SleepyHead software. I don't know if this is true, but are there any good alternatives for a Phillips REMstar machine? I like having the data and stats to hand.

Bill M

RE: Sleepyhead software version - CB91710 - 06-28-2017

If you installed it with the default parameters, just create a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead\SleepyHead.exe"

Font size was mentioned in another thread and I think a solution was found.

RE: Sleepyhead software version - Crimson Nape - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 09:40 PM)BillMar Wrote: Can someone point me to where I can download the earlier version .  .  .  .

Here is the link to 0.9.8.1:
http://www.apneaboard.com/SH-old/

- Red

RE: Sleepyhead software version - BillMar - 06-29-2017

Rich and Red,

Thank you both for the help with this. I will see if the older version helps any with the fonts, etc.

Bill

RE: Sleepyhead software version - BillMar - 07-17-2017

Rich,

Do you know what the solution was for the tiny font size with high resolution screens? Can you send me to the solution message? I don't seem to find it.

Using Sleepy Head has become really tedious. The font is tiny and everything is jumbled up and I find myself spending a lot of time trying to figure out what the numbers are.

Bill

RE: Sleepyhead software version - Crimson Nape - 07-17-2017

Check the compatibility setting to see if you can run SH at a different resolution.  You can change the font size in File->Preferences->Appearance as well.

RE: Sleepyhead software version - BillMar - 07-18-2017

(07-17-2017, 06:24 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Check the compatibility setting to see if you can run SH at a different resolution.  You can change the font size in File->Preferences->Appearance as well.

CN,

Thanks for the insight

I think the compatibility settings are only for web pages, but I did play around extensively with your File, Preferences, Appearance suggestion and I have a lot of improvement. For the benefit of others who might be reading this, these are some of the things I did:

increased the wave form high from the default to 315,
increased the line thickness for graphs,
changed the font sizes for "application",
reduced the graph text sizes,
and played around with the display settings on my MS windows 10 machine, which has a very high resolution screen.

the combination of changes has improved significantly my experience considerably. I am not have text written all over itself, tiny font, etc.

However, these changes do introduce other smaller visual problems which need to be addressed manually upon opening SH, particularly with the Daily Stats view. I have to go to "View" menu and close all the views and then open them one by one to get stuff back. (For some reason the graphs and calendar disappear.) But this is a small annoyance compared to the situation before.

So thank you for pointing me down this path.

Bill M

RE: Sleepyhead software version - AlanE - 07-19-2017

Next time in Daily try toggling on/off F10 or F11 and see if that fixes your view without having to close and reopen views.

RE: Sleepyhead software version - BillMar - 07-19-2017

(07-19-2017, 12:22 PM)AlanE Wrote: Next time in Daily try toggling on/off F10 or F11 and see if that fixes your view without having to close and reopen views.

Alan,

Thanks for thought. It did not help, but that is OK. It is a relatively minor annoyance. however, I wounder if you could help with another SH software issue.

I have SH v1.0.0-beta-2 installed on a W 10 machine. Each time I boot up the machine, SH pops up with the "select a user" screen. This is annoying and did not happen with an earlier version on my prior W 10 machine.

By chance do you know how to stop this? I have a short cut on the desktop; I can log in with as needed, which certainly is not every time I boot up.

Thanks

Bill

RE: Sleepyhead software version - AlanE - 07-19-2017

Yes in File > Preferences. Check Skip user selection screen at the bottom of the first tab. You can speed things up a little more by also selecting Import without asking confirmation.

[Image: y6JTiYK.png]