Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
FlashPAP has suddenly quit working on my Mac - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: FlashPAP has suddenly quit working on my Mac (/Thread-FlashPAP-has-suddenly-quit-working-on-my-Mac)

Pages: 1 2

FlashPAP has suddenly quit working on my Mac - MitchS - 07-07-2017

I have been using FlashPAP on my Mac for around a year. It suddenly quit working a few nights ago. It will find and scan my FlashAir card, select the dates to be imported and then crash before importing the files. This error message is displayed when FlashPAP crashes:

The Java JAR file “FlashPAP.jar” could not be launched.
                  Check the Console for possible error messages.

I have checked the Console, but I'm not familiar enough with it to find any errors even if they are listed. I'm using ver 10.12.5 Mac OS Sierra on a late 2015 iMac. I'm also running JRE ver 8u131-macosx-x64.  The FlashPAP I'm running is ver 1.3.1. I have been running the same set up since well before the problem started. I have uninstalled and performed clean installs on the JRE and FlasPAP.

Coincidentally, this problem first appeared a few weeks ago when I started using FlashPAP and SleepyHead on a Windows 10 laptop using the exact same profile for FlashPAP on the laptop as I use on the iMac and haven't had any problems getting my data off of my FlashAir card with the lap top.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

RE: FlashPAP has suddenly quit working on my Mac - AlanE - 07-07-2017

On windows, although I don't think you should have to do this, check the exception.sites files located at
C:\Users\your username\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\security

and add your flashair's IP address to that file.

example:
http://192.168.0.39

RE: FlashPAP has suddenly quit working on my Mac - Crimson Nape - 07-07-2017

Does FlashPAP throw an exception when you try to download the data or does it throw the exception as soon as you start FlashPAP?   Can you look at the FlashAir via your web browser using its IP address?  I'm full of questions.  I have a few more once these are answered.

- Red

RE: FlashPAP has suddenly quit working on my Mac - MitchS - 07-07-2017

FlashPAP is working fine on my Windows machine. It opens on the Mac, searches the FlashAir card for new data and then crashes when it tries to load the data onto the sd card in my Mac. It displays the error message I referenced in my first post when it crashes on the Mac. I am using identical profile settings down to the name of the sd card that FlashPAP loads the data on, on the Windows machine and the Mac. The FlashAir card appears to be functioning as it should. I think something has changed with the JRE configuration on Mac.

Edit to answer your second question:
The FlashAir does open up in my browser and everything appears to be as it should be.

I had intended to use the Windows laptop while traveling and the Mac at home, loading new data onto both machines about once a week or so.

I will try to find an equivalent security setting to the one you referred to on the Mac.

I added the address to my FlashAir card in the site exceptions list for Java. No joy. It is still acting the same. It seems like it isn't storing the address to my card, even though it is displayed on the FlashPAP console. I just noticed I have to re-enter the address every time I start FlashPAP.

I've seen this happen if you are trying to save the data to a nonexistent directory or folder. Verify the destination path exists on your Mac. If it does exist, check folder permissions. Try setting the permission so everybody can read and write to it.

That's a good idea. The sd card is definitely where FlashPAP is directed to and the Mac can read the folders and files on the card. I haven't checked permissions on the Mac hard drive in sometime. The Mac Disk Utility will do it for me and fix any files and folders that have permissions that have been changed.  I'll do that and see what happens. If that doesn't resolve it, I will do it manually. It will be a while before I can. My wife needs the Mac.

May I suggest a 24 ounce ball peen hammer makes an excellent computer repair tool.    Whistle

Now that's embarrassing. I got a minute to get into the Mac and checked the permissions on the sd card. It was set for read only and couldn't be changed. I pulled the card and it was locked. How that happened I have no idea. The card with my sleep data on it stays in the card reader built into the computer, which is dedicated for that purpose, and I use an external reader to connect any other cards. Since using the external reader is easier than using the built in reader on the back of the iMac, I didn't think of physically checking the card. Unlocking the card resolved the problem.

Thanks for the help, Red, you got me pointed in the right direction.

I have wanted to use one sometimes. Usually when I when I have my head where it doesn't belong.  Oh-jeez