Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) (/Thread-Equipment-PR-System-One-AUTO-750P-going-into-service-mode-no-access-to-set-up)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) - mraroid - 07-19-2017

Hello....

My first post.....

I hope I am posting in the correct forum. 

I have a Philips Respironics PR System One AUTO 750P with the attached humidifier unit. 

I used it off and on for maybe a year and then lost a lot of weight.  The doc said I could stop using it.  I then moved from the USA to Ecuador.  I brought the unit with me.  After about a year, I had the same symposiums as before so I started using the unit again. I took it apart and cleanrd it.  It worked for a few days (all night), then it would work, then stop and go to a screen that says "Service required".

I have the users manual.  I down loaded the "BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex Providers Guide" (Philips Respironics) from here.  In this manual, it tells how to enter the Provider Mode screen.  I followed the directions, turn the wheel to the "setup screen, and press the wheel and the ramp button at the same time and hold for 5 seconds. 

I have tried this many times.  Nothing happens.  I also find that no matter which screen I am on (Therapy, Bi-Flex, Info or Set5up), pressing the wheel will do nothing.

When I turn the unit on at night and put the mask on, it will usually start to work. I first see the Respironics logo, then a screen that says I have V2.0.2, Then I see a screen that says it is reading the SD and then it will display my settings which are 5.oE  cmH20.  I can also turn the wheel and select the amount of humidity I want ( from 1 - 5).  It will then start working correcrtly.

After just a few minutes, the unit will stop supplying air to the mask.  The screen will move around like (the unit is re booting??) then a screen will come up that says "Service Required" and the unit will keep beeping until I unplug it.

Yep, I have changed both filters - the thin white one and the spongy thicker one in front of it. My power to my apt is perfect.  I use high end surge protectors behind my high end APC battery back up for my computer array.  I have given it nothing but clean power. 

I have kept the unit very clean and never abused it.  I do not believe i have many hours on this unit. 

Before i used it for the first time here in Ecuador I detached the humidifier from the main unit and I cleaned every thing with some water and light detergent.  My mask, and hose are relatively new. They fit well. I tried removing the memory card and that did not help. I have only used distilled water in this unit.

Is it possible to find a service manual for the PR System One AUTO 750P machine it self?  I am not talking about the provider guide given to medical professionals.  I am talking about a service guide to take the 750p apart.  I have a very solid background in electronics.  I want to check things like the contacts of the wheel. 

My insurance in the USA paid for most of this unit.  It cost around $2,000.00.  I am in the middle of Ecuador now.  I need to try to survice this my self.  Right now, I trust my self over any doctor or clinic I have found.

I just can't sleep well with out this.  I really need to fix this.  If I import a used unit into Ecuador I will pay many hundreds of $$ or more in import dutie fees.  SO I need to fix this one.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

mraroid

PS:  It appears that I haver software version 2.02 on my unit.  Has anyone updated your software? 

Can anyone tell me if the SD card in this unit is formatted in a Windows like format?  Like is it FAT 32 perhaps?  I thought about trying to erase the data on the card to see if that helped.  I did not know if re formatting the card would do damage or not.  Perhaps the card has software on it.....  ???

RE: PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) - quiescence at last - 07-19-2017

some ideas deal with unplugging, alternative power (DC), power supplies, and toggling certain settings. I'll PM the link that shows many of these ideas.

QAL

RE: PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) - mraroid - 07-19-2017

Thanks so much.  I thought about leaving it un powered for 24/48 hours to see if that changes anything.....

Tried different power sources - I have a variac, plus cleand and shore power here.  All act the same.....

mraroid

RE: PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) - Sleeprider - 07-19-2017

The 50 series machines have a defect that was fixed in later models. The system board has a mounting hole over the top of the sensors, but no screw was inserted at the factory. The system board has a habit of lifting up just far enough to disengage the sensors causing the error. The solution is very easy. Open the case, locate the hole and insert a screw. You need some long shaft torx drivers to do this. It's this hole on the right side of the board with the mounting hole under it.  It is the hole in the extreme upper right of this photo.  The better photos of this repair were on Photobucket and can no longer be linked.

[Image: Jfu8x.jpg]

RE: PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) - trish6hundred - 07-19-2017

Hi mraroid,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with fixing your machine and also with CPAP therapy.

RE: PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) - mraroid - 07-20-2017

Thank you Sleeprider for your post.  I removed the two torx screws (torx # 15), and then pulled up on the wheel to remove it.  The top came off and I could see the board.  Just as your post said, I will missing the screw.  I installed a new one.  I found the board to be dirty so using a small brush I brushed off the big stuff and then did a little cleaning with a q-tip and alcohol.  I finished up with a touch of compressed air from a can.  My board says "Q-Series Therapy PCA" on it

I re assembled the unit and powered it up.  I still can not get into the provider mode.  I tested the unit for about 5 minutes and it worked.  I now see a small icon in the lower left hand corner of my screen which I think is a icon for the SD card.  After I power up my unit it says words to the effect "wait a moment while we write to to the data card", then it starts working. 

I would like to clear the data on my data card, but not sure how to do that yet. I will post a message asking for help with that.

After this message I am going to lay down, put on the mask and see if it runs for at least an hour or so.

I will post some photos here and in the next message.

Thank you again for the help!!!

mraroid
Ibarra Ecuador

PS:trouble uploading images.  It says i have reached my quota but I do not believe I have posted any photos.  Working on it....

RE: PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) - mraroid - 07-20-2017

Thank you for the welcome trish6hundred.

I hope to have my unit working soon.  Everyone here has been very helpfull.  I am stuck in the middel of Ecuador and no one to fix this but myself!

Yikes!

mraroid

RE: PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) - quiescence at last - 07-20-2017

you needed to post at least 4 posts before it will let you attach something. and you just got over that threshold. next new post you should have the ability.

Thanks so much!  I see that I need to read in detail the directions here.  My bad!   Oh-jeez 

mraroid

[attachment=3690]
Here is an update on my screw mod.

I installed a correct size screw per the directions posted here (thanks so much!!!). I can screw the screw slightly tighter, but I think it is tight enough.  While I had my unit opened, I did a little cleaning.  I will post some photos soon.

I just did a test run.  Rather then shutting off and giving me the "needs service" message, the unit ran for almost an hour before failing the same way.  I call this progress.

I worried that the contacts from the ramp button were not making contact with the board.  I found that the unit lights up to show the humidity settings.  And after a while, the lights go out.  By pressing the ramp button the lights come on again.  So now I know that the ramp button is making good contact.

The wheel button was dirty when I took the unit apart.  I cleaned around the wheel button, but I did not spray any contact cleaner into the wheel button switch it self.  Now I wonder what is happening when I press down on the wheel.  If that part is not working, that may be why I can not get the unit to go into Provider Mode.

Has anyone fixed this problem buy spraying contact cleaner into the base of the wheel switch on the board? I am thinking about taking the unit apart again and spraying a little bit of contact cleaner into the base of the wheel switch.  Turning the wheel works - I can mover to all four screens.  But nothing happens when I press down on the wheel button.  I plug the unit in when I want to use it, and un plug it when i wake up in the morning.  But pressing down on the wheel will do nothing.

I removed the water and turned the unit on to let warm air blow out the mask.  I thought that maybe because I turn the humidity up to the highest setting I was getting something damp.  I dono - just trying anything now.....

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks everyone for the help.

mraroid