Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Maximum Pressure for pillows - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Maximum Pressure for pillows (/Thread-Maximum-Pressure-for-pillows)

Maximum Pressure for pillows - Walla Walla - 07-20-2017

I was using the Resmed Airfit P10 last night and had pressures hitting 20cm. (Not a good night). The pillows started shifting on me when I tried to sleep on my side. The only I could get them to stay was lay on my back. So today I looked around and saw some online stores saying the P10 was rated from 4cm to 20cm. I than checked at Resmed on line and they rated the P10 4cm to 18cm. That explained the problems I had at 20cm. I also noticed an online store saying the Nuance Pro was rated 3cm to 30cm. I don't know what Respironics rates it but I know from experience that the Airfit P10 handles more pressure than the Nuance Pro.

RE: Maximum Pressure for pillows - AlanE - 07-20-2017

THe UG for the P10 says therapy pressure is 4 - 20cm. Though I have no doubt at 20cm it would be close to levitating off your face. Smile

RE: Maximum Pressure for pillows - silversnore - 07-20-2017

I use the P10 and alternate with the F & P Brevida mask. The Brevida is a nasal pillows mask and rated to 25cm/h20. I find that the Brevida is more secure than the P10 as it envelops the end of the nose. When I am turning the P10 will often leak, it is sensitive to be pulled by the hose (some people secure the hose to their pj's or other) while the Brevida stays put. I think that the Brevida could work for you, however everyone is different, give it a look.

RE: Maximum Pressure for pillows - Walla Walla - 07-20-2017

AlanE, I have the same User Guide. I saw the number 18 on the Resmed Web site. It's on the Video about the P10.

SilverSnore, Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. I'm going to drop my IPAP pressure to 18cm with the Doctor's blessing. If the numbers aren't bad I'll stick with that. If not than I'll try using lanolin at 20cm and see if it will help hold the pillows in place. I really like the Airfit P10. If I have to give it up I'll try the Brevida.

RE: Maximum Pressure for pillows - silversnore - 07-21-2017

funny, i used lanolin last night for the first time in a while. your post made me switch back to the Brevida and needed a little dab

RE: Maximum Pressure for pillows - Sleeprider - 07-21-2017

I'm pretty sure that lanolin cream would be a lubricant that will reduce the ability of a nasal pillows to stay in place and likely produce more leaks. I have always found the best fit is with clean or new nasal pillows with a clean face. Even facial oils will allow some slipping.

RE: Maximum Pressure for pillows - Walla Walla - 07-21-2017

Sleeprider, I tried the Lanolin last night and it's sticky. Worked well at 18cm. I'll bump it to 20cm and see if it holds. Not that I really want to be at 20cm. My number last night at 18cm was 1.9 API. I can live with that!

RE: Maximum Pressure for pillows - Gideon - 07-21-2017

FYI i was originally prescribed 25/21 on my bilevel, I had no problems with the P10 at those pressures, I am lower now.

RE: Maximum Pressure for pillows - Walla Walla - 07-21-2017

Wow! That's a lot of pressure. I also washed the headgear in hot water yesterday. Maybe that was the fix?