Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Treatment] MyAir "events per hour" - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Treatment] MyAir "events per hour" (/Thread-Treatment-MyAir-events-per-hour)

Pages: 1 2

MyAir "events per hour" - Williams - 08-09-2017

I'm only on the second night of CPAP therapy, so I could use some advice. My initial sleep study indicated that I was having 18-21 apnea events hour, but the myAir report has indicated about 18 events per hour for both nights on CPAP. Is this an indication that it isn't working? I'm not sure if it is supposed to gradually decline or show immediate reductions. I really don't sleep well with it, so don't want to use it if it isn't effective.

RE: MyAir "events per hour" - OpalRose - 08-09-2017

You wont be able to judge the effectiveness of the therapy by using "My Air" alone.
Download #SleepyHead software, it's free and will show you so much more than My Air.

After you get a few more posts, you can post data from #SleepyHead, and we can take a look.

Follow the tutorials in my signature line to help organize graphs and post from Imgur here.

RE: MyAir "events per hour" - Williams - 08-09-2017

Thanks, Opal. Unfortunately, I do not have (and cannot afford) a laptop or computer to download the Sleepyhead software. Only have an old iPad which seems to be incompatible.

Ok, your right, does not work with IPad.
I'm pretty sure though you will only get limited data with My Air.

You may need to depend on your DME or Doctor to retrieve data from your SD card.

RE: MyAir "events per hour" - pholynyk - 08-09-2017

You haven't mentioned which model of AirSense 10 you have; it is in the box at the lower right of the front of the machine. The CPAP model is the least capable, then Elite, and finally Autoset and Autoset for Her.

I'm not sure about the display on the CPAP model, but on the others you can enter the Clinicians' Menu and find a setting for 'Essentials'. If it is set to 'ON' they display only minimal information on-screen. Set it to 'Plus' to get additional information which will allow you to optimise your treatment without using SleepyHead. You will need pencil and paper to record each night's results, so that you can spot trends as you make changes. Or if your iPad had a spreadsheet, you can record them there. It may take longer, but we can get you there.

Have you watched the video on the front page of our Wiki? The link is in the black banner at the top of each page here. There are also links in the wiki to Getting Started, and Choosing a Mask, both very useful.

RE: MyAir "events per hour" - CTcentrals - 08-09-2017

Williams,

I think if your sleep study recorded 18 apnea events per hour and MyAir is reporting 18 per hour, you can probably be confident that the current therapy isn't effective and that adjustments need to be made.  That doesn't mean that therapy won't be effective, just that it takes time to figure out what and how to adjust for your particular needs.  The other members' suggestions will help you to figure out the what and how.

Williams,
Does either your machine display or My Air give you a 90% pressure reading?

If you have a copy of your Sleep Study, you can upload here. We would need to see an AHI
Breakdown, like Obstructives, hypopneas, and Clear Airways if any.

RE: MyAir "events per hour" - Gideon - 08-09-2017

i don't know any more than you posted.  Do you have a child, parent, friend with a computer that can work with you about once a week?  At least until we can get you dialed in.
Think about it.  The data will help us help you.  It can tell us, on a breath by breath basis if needed, what is happening while you are using the machine.

Fred

RE: MyAir "events per hour" - Williams - 08-09-2017

It is an Autoset model. I am not familiar with the Clinicians menu, but will try to see if I can find it. At this time, the CPAP display does not provide any info beyond the settings and air pressure. I have to log in to myAir to see the AHI data. 

I don't have a copy of my study results, but will request one from my doctor.

I called the clinic and they are supposed to be looking for a different mask as they believe it may be a fit problem. My plan now is to try to find someway to download the sleepyhead software on a friends computer. 

This is all so new and confusing for me, so thank you to everyone for your support.

RE: MyAir "events per hour" - Gideon - 08-09-2017

Press both front buttons at the same time for 3 seconds. This will get you into the settings meeting. You can look at and change anything you wish.

Help guys, What to change to get more data displayed? thanks