Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
need alternative to discontinued 101400 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: need alternative to discontinued 101400 (/Thread-need-alternative-to-discontinued-101400)

need alternative to discontinued 101400 - flobiwan - 08-12-2017

I just found out that they discontinued the Breeze Sleepgear 101400 Cpap mask with nasal pillows when i tried to reorder.  Does anybody know of a good alternative?  I need one with nasal pillows and i really like that the 101400 had no straps that went across the cheeks.  It was very comfortable and i'm having trouble finding a good substitute.

RE: need alternative to discontinued 101400 - Sleeprider - 08-12-2017

If you do a Google search, you will find that your mask is widely available, however your supplier may have discontinued carrying it.

RE: need alternative to discontinued 101400 - flobiwan - 08-12-2017

Every place i see either has "discontinued - for reference only" when i click on it or a price of hundreds of dollars.

RE: need alternative to discontinued 101400 - Sleeprider - 08-12-2017

Try Supplier #26

RE: need alternative to discontinued 101400 - OpalRose - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:20 AM)flobiwan Wrote: Every place i see either has "discontinued - for reference only" when i click on it or a price of hundreds of dollars.

Yes, this mask is discontinued, but some suppliers like Supplier #26 still have a stock supply for $199.99.
When they run out, it's unlikely you will find this mask, nor replacement parts.

I think the price is too high.   Sad

If you are looking for a mask without straps that go across cheeks, the Dreamwear Nasal or the newest with Gel Pillows might work for you.

RE: need alternative to discontinued 101400 - flobiwan - 08-12-2017

Yes, i saw that and the price.  last year i got it for $85.  $200 is too high.  Besides, as you pointed out, it's not a long term solution.  I'll try the masks you mentioned.  Thanks.

RE: need alternative to discontinued 101400 - trish6hundred - 08-12-2017

Hi flobiwan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you will find a mask that you like.
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.

RE: need alternative to discontinued 101400 - DesertGuy - 09-01-2018

flobiwan, I used a "Breeze" CPAP mask for years until it was discontinued. I've been searching for a good replacement while using my old one simply because I have to. I'm having fairly good luck with Philips Respironics DreamWear Nasal Pillows version. There are pros and cons, however. 

I presume you mean the Puritan-Bennett "Breeze" Mask. (It was sold under other names, e.g., Mallinkrodt, Covidien).

But Good News! The Puritan-Bennett "Breeze" mask is available for a limited time. Scroll to the upper part of the Apnea Board website, click on "Supplier List". A dropdown list titled "Commercial CPAP Suppliers List" appears. Click on the first supplier on the list to get to their website. 

On that website, click on "CPAP Masks", Nasal Pillow Masks, Nasal Pillows. A list of nasal pillow masks from various manufacturers appears. Scroll down until you see "Puritan-Bennett Breeze Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask; Bundle." (It includes headgear and pillows). Be careful to read the fine print. There are other "Breeze" masks on that list, but if it has "Reference Only" in the description, it's the wrong one and is not available. Avoid the "Reference Only" masks. You'll need a prescription to order a mask from them or other such suppliers.  

Hope this helps

RE: need alternative to discontinued 101400 - Kirks - 09-22-2020

(08-12-2017, 07:24 AM)flobiwan Wrote: I just found out that they discontinued the Breeze Sleepgear 101400 Cpap mask with nasal pillows when i tried to reorder.  Does anybody know of a good alternative?  I need one with nasal pillows and i really like that the 101400 had no straps that went across the cheeks.  It was very comfortable and i'm having trouble finding a good substitute.

you might try this for parts replacement- this is only mask that has ever worked for her. and need to replace the Plenum.

I can't post links as a new member but if you go to shapeways Link removed and search breeze-parts you'll find a place that prints parts

hope this helps others

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----