Apnea Board Forum
Joys of home ownership - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Forum (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Off-Topic-Forum)
+--- Thread: Joys of home ownership (/Thread-Joys-of-home-ownership)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Joys of home ownership - AlanE - 08-13-2017

Found this last week when I was cutting my grass.

[Image: DbLW2iC.jpg]

I guess the rain / heat finally cracked it enough to break off this chunk. After chasing out a frog and a slather of construction adhesive later, another check off on the "honey-do."

What home projects have you worked on this weekend?

RE: Joys of home ownership - CB91710 - 08-13-2017

Installed a weather station
Assembled a new chair

RE: Joys of home ownership - Crimson Nape - 08-13-2017

Alan,
You trying to be the next Bob Villa? . . . "I can completely restore this house in 30 minutes or less!"

RE: Joys of home ownership - trish6hundred - 08-13-2017

With the advent, (curse,) of the low-flow toilet and a sewer that is not designed for the curse, a sewer cleaning is in order, YUCK.!

RE: Joys of home ownership - Homerec130 - 08-13-2017

If anyone is really bored, they can come by and take care of my weeds. No weed eaters allowed as they send the rocks flying. Have a fine crop after the monsoons have been going on.

Homer

RE: Joys of home ownership - OpalRose - 08-13-2017

How about a Water Line break.  Sad

[Image: SICWJGDl.png]

RE: Joys of home ownership - Crimson Nape - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 03:39 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: If anyone is really bored, they can come by and take care of my weeds. No weed eaters allowed as they send the rocks flying. Have a fine crop after the monsoons have been going on.

Homer

My idea of yard work involves Round-Up.  My wife now puts out crime scene tape in places I'm not allowed to spray.  .  .  Bummer!

RE: Joys of home ownership - OpalRose - 08-13-2017

She should just wrap that crime scene tape around you.   Too-funny

RE: Joys of home ownership - AlanE - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 02:19 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Alan,
You trying to be the next Bob Villa? .  .  . "I can completely restore this house in 30 minutes or less!"

Heh, I would do more but it is just too hot out. My gardens have been overrun with weeds too.

(08-13-2017, 02:30 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: With the advent, (curse,) of the low-flow toilet and a sewer that is not designed for the curse, a sewer cleaning is in order, YUCK.!

Rule #2 double tap (the flush handle). Those low flushers never fully clear the bowl anyway and you have to flush twice so I don't see where the savings are at. Well, for #1 it might be a savings.

(08-13-2017, 03:45 PM)OpalRose Wrote: How about a Water Line break.  Sad

[Image: SICWJGDl.png]

Ugh Oh-jeez That's an expensive project.

RE: Joys of home ownership - SarcasticDave94 - 08-13-2017

What I remember of Bob Villa and This Old House: Bob Villa walking around talking about all the stuff he was doing while others did the work. He occasionally added a hand to hold windows...Literally one hand.