Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 (/Thread-Sleepyhead-will-not-run-Win-10)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 - Sleeprider - 08-22-2017

My version of Sleepyhead ran flawlessly for year, and the new version since I upgraded from a built Beta version.  Now when I attempt to execute SH Broken GL or the regular executable, I get a brief disk working indication from Windows and nothing happens.  I need to figure out what is crashing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times.  I have run the maintenance tool and am at the end of what I know to do. 

Intel Core i7-6500U
Ram 12 GB
Win 10 v. 1703 64 bit
1000 GB Storage at 35%.

Paging Crimson Nape to the white courtesy phone. Dont-know

RE: Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 - bighopper - 08-22-2017

Did you try right click on Sleepyhead EXE & selecting 'Run As Administrator' it might work.
I am running the same WIN 10 verision & similar CPU etc & have no trouble.

RE: Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 - Sleeprider - 08-22-2017

I have attempted to run as Administrator with no change in response.

RE: Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 - Crimson Nape - 08-22-2017

Red is in the building.  .  . It's version 1703 that's the bad boy.   The way I got it working was to perform the following steps in the order I list:
  1. Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017
  2. Activate all the .NET libraries
    • Windows Key+"R"
    • Type: appwiz.cpl -> ENTER
    • Select Turn Widows features on or off (Upper Left of Screen)
    • Change the "dot" to a "check mark" (select all options) on the the first 2 options:
      This is performed by fully expanding each category and selecting any box not checked.
      • .NET Framework 3.5(includes .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0)
      • .NET Framework 4.7 Advanced Services
    • Select OK
    • Exit the wizapp.cpl
  3. Reboot

Optional: Right-click on SleepyHead.exe->Properties->Comparability-> Select: Windows 7

Added all .NET and ran appwiz.cpl. Everything is fully implemented (I actually did this last week when you posted this). Ran compatibility...no dice.

I might have to rely on the desktop for SH where it still works.

RE: Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 - TBMx - 08-22-2017

could you please check, which version of the "Microsoft Visual C++ [year] Redistributables" you have installed?
(I have 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 both in x86 and x64 - and SH is working fine for me on the creators update ... but please don't ask me which versions SH in the end really needs^^ - VS 2013 and maybe 2010 might be a good guess - both in x86 AND x64)

could you please also verify or double check that your graphics driver is up to date? (maybe just reinstall the latest version if it is no problem! - but don't mess around with a (so far) working but no longer supported graphics card!)

TBMx, where do I find the installed versions?

RE: Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 - TBMx - 08-22-2017

well ... might be called a little different in the us-version:

open the settings ("start" - the icon that looks like a mechinal wheel) - there should be a point "apps" (the 5th maybe? has an icon similar to a listing)
there under "apps & features" scroll down a bit until you see a search field ... type in "visual c" ... everything should be listed under that.

RE: Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 - Crimson Nape - 08-22-2017

Sleeprider,
Am I correct in understanding that SH runs if it is on the Desktop? If so, it's either a permission or ownership issue. Please advise if I read your post correctly.

To check what versions of VC++, go to Control Panel and Uninstall Program (I can't remembrer W10's name) look for Microsoft Visual C++ 20xx.

RE: Sleepyhead will not run Win 10 - AlanE - 08-22-2017

(08-22-2017, 07:46 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Sleeprider,
Am I correct in understanding that SH runs if it is on the Desktop?  If so, it's either a permission or ownership issue.  Please advise if I read your post correctly.

To check what versions of VC++, go to Control Panel and Uninstall Program (I can't remembrer W10's name) look for Microsoft Visual C++ 20xx.

For Windows 10 it is Start > type in search box for Add or Remove Programs. I suppose you can type that into Cortana also. I have her shut off so I can't test.
Alternate is press Windows key +R and type in appwiz.cpl

SH normally installs into Program Files (x86) for 64-bit windows. I didn't have to change permissions but I'm not storing my data folder there either.