Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Getting back into CPAP after 2 years - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years (/Thread-Getting-back-into-CPAP-after-2-years)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Getting back into CPAP after 2 years - mogulman - 08-23-2017

Ok... So after 2 years of being off CPAP and UPPP and turbinate surgery.   Had my first full night with the new CPAP and O2.

Autoset at 7-16, humidity at 4, O2 at 2L.  Resmed N20. Using Soft mode for response.

Here is my old data from 2015 before I had surgery with a Resmed P10 nasal Pillow:
[Image: gUuz87w.jpg]

Here is my new data:
[Image: S2kwaSI.png]
I know I had some comfort issues with the new mask and so pulled at it a few times to adjust.
Any suggestions other than trying it over a longer period?

RE: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years - Walla Walla - 08-23-2017

Did you monitor your O2 levels?

RE: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years - mogulman - 08-23-2017

(08-23-2017, 11:54 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Did you monitor your O2 levels?

No..not yet.  New stats seem much more boring than my old.   OA only.  Not sure if that is good or bad.

RE: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years - mogulman - 08-23-2017

I feel quite a bit more tired today.  After using the CPAP.  In fact I feel like taking a nap.  I never feel like taking a nap.  It's usually hard for me to get to sleep.

RE: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years - Walla Walla - 08-23-2017

It's like when you were a kid and you couldn't sleep well the night before school started again. You'll start to relax again and sleep well.

RE: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years - Sleeprider - 08-23-2017

Looks like leaks are in great shape, and you have cut AHI by 1.5-2 per hour at about 2 cm less pressure. The real question is, was it worth it? If you are now more comfortable and sleeping better that is the gold standard. I'm sure the pain of surgery was not much fun.

RE: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years - mogulman - 08-24-2017

(08-23-2017, 06:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks like leaks are in great shape, and you have cut AHI by 1.5-2 per hour at about 2 cm less pressure.  The real question is, was it worth it?  If you are now more comfortable and sleeping better that is the gold standard. I'm sure the pain of surgery was not much fun.

Yeah..I don't think it was worth it.   The main reason for the surgery was my sinuses.   I was hoping that would be better.   The doc convinced me to do the UPPP at the same time,as he thought it would help with the sleep apnea.  

I don't think it helped with either.

Here are my results from last night. No O2 connected to the CPAP. Wore my oxymeter.

Some things I noticed:
-The Resmed N20 was rubbing up against the bottom of my nose. I think because I'm laying on my side and it gets pushed into my nose. Not sure if there is any way to fix that.
-Felt like I couldn't breath that freely. Not sure if it was the N20 being too close to my the bottom of my nose, or the lack of O2.
-I got up around 2:30am. Felt like I could breath a lot easier when I took off the n20.

Seems like my O2 levels were low. AHI is higher.

[Image: 5FV0xxj.png]

RE: Getting back into CPAP after 2 years - Walla Walla - 08-24-2017

I think if you raised your Bottom pressure up a couple to say 9cm it will help you breath better. With 3 EPR your at 4 cm which most people fill air starved at. Your O2 is also low which is why the Doctor put you on O2 in the first place.

(08-24-2017, 09:28 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Your O2 is also low which is why the Doctor put you on O2 in the first place.

Yeah...  I was really hoping I didn't need the O2.  That machine is loud.