Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
"Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: "Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea (/Thread-Low-Pressure-Support-Alert-help-Complex-Apnea)

"Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea - Granman - 10-03-2012

I have complex apnea and I have been having trouble recently with my Philips Respironics Advanced BiPap Auto SV. It is kind of erratic. About 1 week out of the month I wake up with a red consistent alert on my machine with the message of "Low Pressure Support" ... It usually causes me to wake up a few times a night, and makes me feel as though I am not getting enough air at times, causing the light sleep. However, I dont have any recorded leaks, and only average between 1 and 2% a month. My normal pressure settings are 8/13, and this morning I woke up feeling less air pressure within the mask, but the machine was reporting pressures of 15.8/20.6 at the time of the alarm. I have checked the following:

1) checked mask for unusual obstructions - none
2) checked tube for air leaks between the mask and machine - none
3) checked tube for excessive condensation - none
4) checked around the machine unit itself for leaks before getting to the tube - none
5) checked air filter, and event cleaned it to make sure there was no blockages there - done
6) took both seals out of the humidifier, inspected, wiped off and checked for cracks, both were fine. placed them back in properly
7) checked the humidifier door - was fine

Anyone else know what might be causing the "Low Pressure Support" alarms? I am kind of at a loss. My data is seems great and even my doc is not sure. I am averaging 7-8 hours a night, although lately it is not good sleep, but some sleep nonetheless, an AHI of 1.2 to 1.8, 1 to 2% leaks on bad weeks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

RE: "Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea - zimlich - 10-03-2012

iT SEEMS AS THOUGH (sorry) you have done a thorough job of checking the machine out. I think it's time to see the DME for repair.
Good Luck.

RE: "Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea - trish6hundred - 10-03-2012

Hi Granman, You might take your machine to the DME so they can take a look at it. I hope you can get this straightened out.

RE: "Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea - archangle - 10-03-2012

How are you coming to the conclusion that you don't have leaks? Are you using Encore?

I would think that leaks around the mask might be the problem, but I'm not that familiar with that machine.

RE: "Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea - racprops - 04-21-2013

As I am just starting on one of these myself I will be watching...

Rich

RE: "Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea - racprops - 04-24-2013

Well it looks like there is no support on this problem.

Sorry.

Rich