Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Travel machine suggestions - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Travel machine suggestions (/Thread-Travel-machine-suggestions)

Travel machine suggestions - dogpoundmike - 10-04-2012

I am glad to have found this forum. Great information! Been on the hose for 6 weeks and have easily adjusted. I am looking for a travel size machine and am interested in any and all suggestions. I have an auto pap but use it in the cpap mode. And will soon try it without the humidifier. Hope that is a success. It will lighten the load.
Thanks for all of the help.
Mike

RE: Travel machine suggestions - PaulaO2 - 10-04-2012

Google the Somnetics Transcend. It's an itty bitty machine.

But then, isn't the Icon a small one, too?

Why do you use an AutoPAP in 'straight' mode? You paid for the bells and whistles, use 'em! Bigwink

Along with the machine, you should invest in a short extension cord. Hotels (at least those in the US) are getting stingy on the room outlets. It's the first thing we look for now when I check in somewhere. We also check to make sure it works if the light switch is off. Usually, I just unplug the clock and put my CPAP there.

If you use a machine with a humidifier while traveling, you can use the tap water or bottled water. No need to lug a gallon jug of distilled with you. As long as the water is safe to drink and not horribly high in minerals it's fine.

When traveling, I don't use the tap water if it smells like bleach. I have spring water at home and am not used to 'city' water and can't stand the smell. Actually, I may just take the CPAP part of my machine and leave the humidifier behind. I can use that pocket in the bag for other things.

RE: Travel machine suggestions - dogpoundmike - 10-10-2012

Thanks for the response. I am following
Drs orders until I have my first visit since starting cpap. This will establish a good baseline. Then I will let the tweaking begin. I loved the size/features of the Somnetics and am looking forward to getting my hands on one.

RE: Travel machine suggestions - TheDreamer - 10-12-2012

Personally, I use a Respironics M-Series as my travel machine. I use a Fastpack 250 as my CPAP bag. The CPAP+Humidifier fits well in the bottom compartment and the rest of my stuff goes in the top compartment. And, I have a flat battery that in the laptop area (though thinking of upgrading to a bigger cpap battery someday...)

And, now that I'm using an AutoCAP, I opted to buy an M-Series Auto (From #2) to swap into things...rather than trying to figure out how to travel with something else.

The Dreamer

RE: Travel machine suggestions - PaulaO2 - 10-12-2012

That's an interesting bag!

Someday, if you ever get around to it, I'd like to see pics of your set up.