Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events] (/Thread-Very-Frustrated-Seeking-Advise-about-CA-events)

Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events] - BlueJay22 - 09-27-2017

Hi All,   

To say I am frustrated at this point is a understatement. 

My machines ( Resmed Airsense 10 Auto CPAP) seems to be addressing my OSA, but I am still having issues w centrals, 

Below some examples of last night. 

Question :  is it time to look into a ASV machine ?  as I am always tiered ! 

[Image: ZGhUBFKl.png]
[Image: p6kiTGbl.png]

[Image: Y1MG0Ngl.png]

RE: Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise - Walla Walla - 09-27-2017

Short answer is no to ASV.

RE: Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise - BlueJay22 - 09-27-2017

Walla, but why all these apneas?

RE: Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise - Hojo - 09-27-2017

I'm not an expert but it if you look at the pattern just before your CA, the big spike from my understanding is you taking a big breath (like a sigh) and then it is normal to have a pause in your breathing, or the spike is you moving with a big breath at the same time.

When it gets to be more of a worry is when you see 30 to 40 seconds of no breathing.  Again, I haven't been at this long enough but that is what I've picked up.

RE: Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise - Walla Walla - 09-27-2017

BlueJay22, Don't become obsessed over a few Clear Apneas. Sleeprider gave you good pressures and they're working fine.

Also try and stick to one thread. It helps track your history for advice.

RE: Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise - chill - 09-27-2017

Almost everyone will have clear airway events as scored by these machines. Some have fewer, some have more. There is no way to know for sure if these are truly central apnea without a full PSG lab sleep test. Even if these are true central apnea, they are so few that an ASV machine would not be prescribed, they are still in the realm of the rate for the healthy population.

If you are still tired, these are not the reason. It could be that your mind and body need more time to adjust to the therapy and repair. Or it could be that something else is going on in addition to the sleep apnea. Thyroid, testosterone, Vitamin D are among the many possibilities.

RE: Very Frustrated - Seeking Advise [about CA events] - Sleeprider - 09-27-2017

Your AHI is low and the events are not likely harming your sleep very much.  I have exactly the same kind of events when I increase pressure support.  A big sigh, then a CA and resume breathing.  I am unaware of the events until looking at Sleepyhead, but I do like to minimize that.  You can drop back EPR a bit, or just hang with it.  In time these will diminish as you become increasingly accustomed to the new settings.  Best bet is do nothing for now.