Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleepyhead Results (New User) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleepyhead Results (New User) (/Thread-Sleepyhead-Results-New-User)

Pages: 1 2

Sleepyhead Results (New User) - jrdnduvall - 10-07-2017

Hi all, I have some graphs from sleepyhead that I would like for someone to help interpret. I am new to sleep apnea and CPAP. It seems from my research of various threads on the forum my AHI is high. I'm also having a lot of hypopnea. Are my results good? Where and how could I improve? My machine is a Dreamstation APAP set on 6-15 cm/H2O. 

This is last nights data using the Amara View Mask. The greyed out area I pulled the mask off in my sleep.
[img][Image: sCzA9Snl.png][/img]

RE: Sleepyhead Results (New User) - Walla Walla - 10-07-2017

The event flag for CA's needs to be turned on. As you can see for yourself you had a large leak in the middle of the night. Looks like your mask slipped off.

RE: Sleepyhead Results (New User) - jrdnduvall - 10-07-2017

I apologize for that, new to the software. Yes I have been having an issue pulling the mask off in my sleep some nights. Here is a screenshot with the CA activated. Thanks. 

[img][Image: vVrNNaQl.png][/img]

First thing I would do is turn off the flex setting. Next I'd reduce your max pressure to 10cm and raise your minimum pressure to 8cm.
This will hopefully cut down on the CA's while knocking out some of the H's and OA's. I'd let stay at those settings for a few days and see how it goes.

I turned off the flex setting completely in clinicians menu. Will it be okay to adjust the pressure against my doctors prescription? I have an appointment later this month.

It's your call. If you walk in and your numbers are better because you changed your pressures what's he going to say? Just do what I did and print out a data sheet on Encore Pro with your improved numbers and give it to the Doctor. He's not going to change them back.

RE: Sleepyhead Results (New User) - Sleeprider - 10-07-2017

Other than turning off flex, I'm not sure that setting pressure to 8-10 will make much difference from what was posted earlier. Although pressure settings are 6-15, the pressure never got above 11, and the median pressure was 8.3. If you're nervous about pressure changes without discussion with your doctor, don't bother. The suggestion simply narrows pressure to your normal range, and should not affect therapy either way.

Try your machine without flex, and let us know how your feeling and if it improves some results or not. Good luck.

I’m I have turned the flex off completely. I will test tonight and let you all know how it goes. Thank you!

I have also downloaded encore pro if I can get it installed on my computer. It’s a rather large file.

RE: Sleepyhead Results (New User) - jrdnduvall - 10-15-2017

Sorry for the delayed response. My computer has been down all week. Its now back up better than ever!!

Here are the results from last night. My AHI was 5.95 so far the best I have seen since day one. I would still like to lower it if possible. I think turning off the flex completely lowered my CA's substantially. Can anyone tell my why this is so? Also, how can I reduce some of my hypopnea as its still quite frequent?

[img][Image: tl89cbFl.png][/img]

RE: Sleepyhead Results (New User) - Gideon - 10-15-2017

The rule of thumb is to raise pressure for obstructive events, and lower pressure for Clear Airway/Central Apnea events.   Hmm, a bit of a conflict.  We can work wit that but you have to choose, wait until you see your Doctor to make changes, or make them yourself, it is your choice.  Either way we will help you.

Fred