Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
My nostrils keep changing sizes... - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: My nostrils keep changing sizes... (/Thread-My-nostrils-keep-changing-sizes)

My nostrils keep changing sizes... - HalfAsleep - 10-08-2017

I have a P10. After a few days of trial and error, I had the pillow size dialed in as well as pillow manipulation that yielded zero leakage. It would pretty much stay there all night.

Hells bells! I’m back to square one! It’s leaky and it pops out. Yes, I did battle with P10 pillows all night. Grog...

Is this for real? No rest for the weary? My nostrils changed size? Did yours?

RE: My nostrils keep changing sizes... - Apnea Infant - 10-08-2017

Hiya

My pillows fitting at Resmed, London resulted in going home with 3 sizes - XS, S and M.

I have used all of them, mainly when I have been really busy(also read lazy) and have not cleaned the S which I normally use and thus have to resort to the XS and M.

Have not had any problem with XS and S. The M is rather bothersome as I am too aware of it before I fall asleep but after that - not at all. 

Have read of others being concerned about their nostrils changing shape etc but I can't say I have noticed any changes in mine. Usually I have to drag myself around the house to get ready for work in the morning and perhaps do not find time..........

RE: My nostrils keep changing sizes... - OpalRose - 10-08-2017

After three years, my nostrils look the same. Believe me, if I felt that they changed or enlarged, I would change masks. Smile

RE: My nostrils keep changing sizes... - HalfAsleep - 10-08-2017

I am only 1+ week into this. I have slept through a night with all 3 sizes, XS, S, M. The S was the comfiest. But it was kinda large last night. I almost got up to switch it out for the XS. Just when I think I’ve got one thing sorted out, so I can focus on other stuff....

I suppose a nose could get a little inflamed in the nostril area...

RE: My nostrils keep changing sizes... - Doza - 10-08-2017

Are you using some kind of emollient? I found that it helps. I started on the S, then went to XS but found I had to change back up to S. Been ok the last 4 nights.

(10-08-2017, 06:38 PM)Doza Wrote: Are you using some kind of emollient?  I found that it helps.  I started on the S, then went to XS but found I had to change back up to S. Been ok the last 4 nights.

Thanks, Doza. I am using eau de lamb (aka lanolin). I guess I'll just try a different pillow size tonight. Sigh....

Hey, have you ever in a fit of absentmindedness, popped that thing in your mouth?  Laugh-a-lot

RE: My nostrils keep changing sizes... - Doza - 10-08-2017

Baahaahahaa   no, but for my nap yesterday I inadvertently put it on upside down.  And yes, there is a difference LOL

(10-08-2017, 07:24 PM)Doza Wrote: Baahaahahaa   no, but for my nap yesterday I inadvertently put it on upside down.  And yes, there is a difference LOL

Dielaughing

I've done that, too. I couldn't figure out how my nose had changed shape while on a bathroom break.....