Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
new cpap machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: new cpap machine (/Thread-new-cpap-machine--19671)

Pages: 1 2 3

new cpap machine - jamescox145 - 10-12-2017

Thinking-about Unsure  I got a new cpap to replace my 6 yr old resmed s9 that started to fail. I got the Philips resperonics dream station auto cpap. Not what I wanted. anyhow my ahi's with the resmed had been less than .55 daily for the last 4 yrs. this new dream station, ahi have held up above 1.75 to 3.80 since I got this sh**ty machine in aug 2017. I have tried various settings and a few diff masks. but cannot get the ahi below 1.0. anybody got a $1000.00 worth of free advice ??? please respond soonest . thanx. anyone wanna trade for the resmed 10........

RE: new cpap machine - trish6hundred - 10-12-2017

Hi jamescox145,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question and good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with getting used to your new machine.

RE: new cpap machine - OpalRose - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 03:57 PM)jamescox145 Wrote: Thinking-about Unsure  I got a new cpap to replace my 6 yr old resmed s9 that started to fail. I got the Philips resperonics dream station auto cpap. Not what I wanted. anyhow my ahi's with the resmed had been less than .55 daily for the last 4 yrs. this new dream station, ahi have held up above 1.75 to 3.80 since I got this sh**ty machine in aug 2017. I have tried various settings and a few diff masks. but cannot get the ahi below 1.0. anybody got a $1000.00 worth of free advice ??? please respond soonest . thanx. anyone wanna trade for the resmed 10........

Are you using the exact same pressure on the DreamStation that you used on the ResMed S9? If so, you should understand that Phillips Respironics Cpap's are a bit slower to respond to Apnea events than ResMed machines. With that said, you may need to use a slightly higher pressure with the DreamStation.

If you want someone to look at your data to see what is going on, Download #SleepyHead software, and we will try to help.

RE: new cpap machine - jamescox145 - 10-12-2017

I am from northeast ohio, dover !!  i spent alot of time in cleveland area delivering gas and desiel . I have sleepyhead data and can read some of it. I am trying to put in somewhat of a readable order for screen shots. some of the data I do not understand. I can tell a big diff in the 2 machines. and yes I did increase pressure with new machine. also have tried auto set on both. I prefer steady pressure.. give me sometime and I will post some shots Big Grin Big Grin of data.

RE: new cpap machine - OpalRose - 10-12-2017

See my signature line for help.  The links will show you how to organize the graphs, and take a screenshot of the daily page.
Use an outside source like imgur to post your data here.

We need to see the following graphs from the daily page: events, flow rate, pressure, snores, and leak rate.  The screenshot should include the stats on the left side.  You can leave off the calendar and pie chart.

Ok thanks it will ve tomorrow b4 i get it posted

RE: new cpap machine - chill - 10-12-2017

I think that OpalRose has it.  I have used a Resmed S9 and DreamStation Auto side by side with very similar results.  You just need to get the settings right for your AND the machine you using.

Ok thanks

RE: new cpap machine - Sleeprider - 10-12-2017

James, the best bet is to see if the DME will take the machine back. If not, you can get the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset on Amazon for about $440, and make the Philips a backup. You are 2-months in, so it may not be impossible to exchange, but if you had come here first, we coulda told ya.

RE: new cpap machine - SideSleeper - 10-12-2017

I don't know what the prices are, but Supplier #1 is heavily advertising on local radio in the Willamette Valley of Oregon great overstock prices on Resmed machines. Is there a new model in the works.....