Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area (/Thread-F20-Memory-Foam-tear-in-nose-area)

F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - Teddysjam - 10-18-2017

Been using the F20 full face mask memory foam really feels good against face but noticed today I have a tear on the nose part that goes over your bridge of nose. Can i continue to use till I get a new one or go back to the silicone one till I get a replacement

RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - HalfAsleep - 10-18-2017

(10-18-2017, 07:38 PM)Teddysjam Wrote: Been using the F20 full face mask memory foam really feels good against face but noticed today I have a tear on the nose part that goes over your bridge of nose. Can i continue to use till I get a new one or go back to the silicone one till I get a replacement

I don't have that mask, but I understand the foam and the silicon are interchangeable.

RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - Walla Walla - 10-18-2017

If it doesn't leak use it.

RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - car54 - 10-19-2017

I use the same mask. Unless the tear is causing leakage I would continue using it. How big is the tear and do you know how it happened?

car54

RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - jerrydaw - 10-19-2017

I tried using my AirTouch with a tear in the nose bridge, but it leaked so much I had to quit.  It is truly a very comfortable mask, but there is a tendency to tear in the nose bridge area.  I am now in my 2nd week with a foam replacement, and so far no tears.  The earlier F20 AirSense, with silicone wears like steel.  I still have one that I used for about 6 months and it is perfectly good.  I would really like to know the secret of those getting more than a month out of their AirTouch.

RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - car54 - 10-19-2017

I just replaced my after 4 months and only because I was beginning to get slight leaks that I could not stop. The foam visually seemed in good condition with no tears. I spray it once a day with citrus 2, let it sit for a minute and carefully wipe with a cpap wipe. I use Waterwipes, which is for babies, because it has just water and citrus. Also make sure your face is clean before using.

car54

RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - avitropic - 11-26-2017

I am on my third F20, the previous two both tore in less than a month. I am on a Bipap with fairly high air pressure, but this is the only mask that has worked for me. I think this is a design flaw, but the company that makes the mask has made it nearly impossible to complain! How can I find out if they are aware of the problem and working on it?

RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - avitropic - 11-30-2017

I am on my third F20, the previous two both tore in less than a month. I am on a Bipap with fairly high air pressure, but this is the only mask that has worked for me. I think this is a design flaw, but the company that makes the mask has made it nearly impossible to complain! How can I find out if they are aware of the problem and working on it?

RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - TomP - 08-06-2018

My first F20 Memory foam tore at the nose area after 27 days. The second one tore after 5 days, but I'm still trying to use it as it doesn't seem to leak. I'll probably go back to my F&P silicon that hold up very well. I do have to say the memory foam is the most comfortable, but I can't replace them weekly. Has ResMed indicated problems with their memory foam. I know my mattress memory foam seems very strong.

RE: F20 Memory Foam tear in nose area - yankees123 - 08-06-2018

Have had the same problems with one of my cushions tore in the nose area after a few days of wear. Find it more comfortable than the f20 silicone.
Wish resmed would look into this problem.